• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lesbian Parents

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
I have been debating a person online who thinks the Illuminati is trying to take over the world by creating gay and lesbian families. Well, we got on the topic of lesbian mothers. Do you know of any studies done to see if lesbian mothers are as fit as straight parents? I remember someone mentioning, on RF, that lesbian couples are actually better than most heterosexual couples.

GayAtheist

I think the person you are debating with is obviously a conspiracy theory nut. How the hell could an organisation create gay and lesbian families?! What a ridiculous idea.

As for lesbian couples making better parents than heterosexual couple, I haven't heard of a study to back this up, I'm afraid.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I haven't heard of any proof, but it would make sense that two mothers would be better than one... wouldn't you think?? Of course, a lot of people think that a father-figure is important.

Zephyr

Moved on
I thought so...

I'm going to go play Final Fantasy IX, so I'll see ya later.
How the great series have fallen :(. Let's face it, VI was really the last good one.

I personally would figure that a father figure could be very important, but 2 moms is better than nothing in any case.

PureX

Veteran Member
First of all, the illuminatti aren't trying to "take over" anything. That's not what they do. Secondly, they don't know who each other are, for the most part, and so don't have any single identifiable agenda. The illuminatti isn't an organization with a list of members and a plan. It's more a phenomena that occurs spontaneously within other secretive organizations, like the Masons or the Catholic Church or the C.I.A. with tiny individual cells that are acting on their own, and toward their own selfish goals.

Generally, the way one "joins" the illuminatti is that you are given clues by them, that lead you to think you are discovering them and some plot that they're working on, and because you see some advantage in it for yourself, you end up threatening to expose them if they don't let you "in" on it. But in reality, you have been chosen by them, and then played, so that you would think you had the upper hand, and knew what was going on, and had made them accept you. In reality, they are all lying to and manipulating each other in pursuit of their own goals, and none of them knows who all of them are.

The illuminatti are basically a bunch of self-serving anarchists who enjoy infiltrating "secret organizations" and screwing with them from within. The more secretive and the more "organized", the better fun they can have messing with them covertly. We can't say that some illuminatti somewhere doesn't have the agenda of advancing gay parenthood, because any one of them could be working toward any goal at any time. But it's safe to say that this would not be the goal of the illuminatti as a whole. They have no goal as a whole except to screw with the goals of whatever secret organization they are hiding within.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I dont think it would be accurate to make a sweeping and general statement that 2 mothers(gay or otherwise) is better than a mother and a father..

There is much evidence to suggest that a fathers role is crucial..For boys and for girls.Crucial enough that if you have a sucky one..or none at all it can mess a kid up..

IMHO if you have the two mothers who love the child in abundance..offer stability and securtiy...The child is better off than being raised by a man/woman with the father being neglectful/abusive..
But IMHO a lesbian couple if they do their homework and are wise they will do thier very best to provide the child with positive male role models/influences...close friends/relatives (if available such as uncles or grandfather).

Its unfair like I said and a little overboard to suggest a father/father figure is not important. and very extreme to suggest children are "better off" without one or that in fact a woman can replace fathers..That would be like saying all the man is needed for is a sperm donation..

Blessings

Dallas

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
http://www.gay.com/news/article.html?2007/09/21/1

Thank you for the link Nanda.

PureX said:
First of all, the illuminatti aren't trying to "take over" anything. That's not what they do. Secondly, they don't know who each other are, for the most part, and so don't have any single identifiable agenda. The illuminatti isn't an organization with a list of members and a plan. It's more a phenomena that occurs spontaneously within other secretive organizations, like the Masons or the Catholic Church or the C.I.A. with tiny individual cells that are acting on their own, and toward their own selfish goals.

Generally, the way one "joins" the illuminatti is that you are given clues by them, that lead you to think you are discovering them and some plot that they're working on, and because you see some advantage in it for yourself, you end up threatening to expose them if they don't let you "in" on it. But in reality, you have been chosen by them, and then played, so that you would think you had the upper hand, and knew what was going on, and had made them accept you. In reality, they are all lying to and manipulating each other in pursuit of their own goals, and none of them knows who all of them are.

The illuminatti are basically a bunch of self-serving anarchists who enjoy infiltrating "secret organizations" and screwing with them from within. The more secretive and the more "organized", the better fun they can have messing with them covertly. We can't say that some illuminatti somewhere doesn't have the agenda of advancing gay parenthood, because any one of them could be working toward any goal at any time. But it's safe to say that this would not be the goal of the illuminatti as a whole. They have no goal as a whole except to screw with the goals of whatever secret organization they are hiding within.

I assent. The Alliance of the Twelve comes to mind, on Alias.

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
What's the difference whether you are a man and a woman, 2 females or 2 males? Either way, I hope the child get the love they deserve.