• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's talk about sex...

Just_me_Mike

In the beginning, Adam and Eve were naked and it was not a problem. Was it God's intent for us to be naked?

If after the big event of falling, made us ashamed of our nakedness in public settings, what else changed at the same time?

Is being aware of our nakedness, both literal and figurative? What could be the figurative meanings behind naked awareness and the shame it brought?

How does the meaning behind the figurative and literal awareness to being naked apply to sexuality today in the year 2009?

This isn't intended to draw a one word or one sentence reply, but if that is what you want to share than please do.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
In the beginning, Adam and Eve were naked and it was not a problem. Was it God's intent for us to be naked?

If after the big event of falling, made us ashamed of our nakedness in public settings, what else changed at the same time?

Is being aware of our nakedness, both literal and figurative? What could be the figurative meanings behind naked awareness and the shame it brought?

How does the meaning behind the figurative and literal awareness to being naked apply to sexuality today in the year 2009?

This isn't intended to draw a one word or one sentence reply, but if that is what you want to share than please do.

And you know this how?

Let's start without assuming that everyone agrees with you that any such thing ever happened, because very few of us do. Did you mean to post in a Same Faith forum?

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I can separate easily the difference between sex and being naked. I think it is more about innocence. Babies can run around naked and never know the difference, but it is taboo if adults do it. :)

The Mercy

There is no doubt that God ( Allah) Almighty God loves the good for all HIS creation and does not accept evil, humiliation and insult for them , whether man or woman was ,, So God Forbade the illegal ,, non-controlled sex..Because He knows all the benefits and Cons of his creatin ,, otherwise we would be Like animals !! Don't have any regulators..So God fete us among other Creatures...and ordered us to controll this relation between man and woman and following his laws sent to his messengers...so we must follow them...
This is a virtue of the virtues of Islam religion
.... thanks for reading....

May God's Peace and Mercy Be Upon You

Last edited:

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
If there ever was an Adam And Eve which I doubt very much.
and they lived when the earth was young.
they would not have needed clothing
they would have been hairy enough to keep warm.

All the other animals are naked
They spend very little time occupied in sex.
Sex for them means reproduction not pleasure.

Nakedness and sex is only a problem for men and women.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I actually like the Adam and Eve myth as it applies to our awareness of self.

What I find desirable about sex is how it is a sharing of secrets; our bodies are secrets in a social world where nudity is taboo. And the revealing of them and viewing of them--in a sexual context--adds to the desire.

It need not be, of course. But in the dance of sexual desire, clothing can add to the sexualization of that critter we call the "self."

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
If there ever was an Adam And Eve which I doubt very much.
and they lived when the earth was young.
they would not have needed clothing
they would have been hairy enough to keep warm.

All the other animals are naked
They spend very little time occupied in sex.
Sex for them means reproduction not pleasure.

Nakedness and sex is only a problem for men and women.

Actually, many animals engage in sex for pleasure and socialization, not just for reproduction. Off the top of my head, bonobos and dolphins come to mind. I can give supporting sources if you need.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Actually, many animals engage in sex for pleasure and socialization, not just for reproduction. Off the top of my head, bonobos and dolphins come to mind. I can give supporting sources if you need.

Having seen many a dog get lucky with many a leg, I would suggest that sexual desire--while geared towards reproduction--in animals is often used for just pleasure. ;)

ellenjanuary

The way my mind deciphers Adam and Eve begins by imagining the serpent to be science.Two kids got educated in the real world, and realized they were naked. How long has it taken us to realize nudity and sex are not the one-way ticket to hell that has always been taught? Yeah, we're not even quite there yet; but close. Society was required under certain regulations in the deep past, but the past is past; the sooner everyone realizes this, the better. Where everybody else sees Genesis, I see Revelation. God and science, you and me; we can all get together and make this place paradise.

Regardless of what the blind followers say, life in the valley today is far more like Eden that ancient writers could even conceive of recording. :)

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
The way my mind deciphers Adam and Eve begins by imagining the serpent to be science.Two kids got educated in the real world, and realized they were naked. How long has it taken us to realize nudity and sex are not the one-way ticket to hell that has always been taught? Yeah, we're not even quite there yet; but close. Society was required under certain regulations in the deep past, but the past is past; the sooner everyone realizes this, the better. Where everybody else sees Genesis, I see Revelation. God and science, you and me; we can all get together and make this place paradise.

Regardless of what the blind followers say, life in the valley today is far more like Eden that ancient writers could even conceive of recording. :)

when I lived near Boncath in the 50's I knew a Gwen she was a chapel goer but knew no sin.. like most girls of her time she was as free as Eve.
The welsh have always understood the difference between sexuality and sin.

ThereIsNoSpoon

I have no problem being naked in places where others are naked too.
And surely i don't feel sexually out of control seeing someone naked.

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
I think Adam (if he existed) was foolish for being embarrassed of his nakedness and covering up with fig leaves. His creator created him naked and that is how he was intended to live. Why be ashamed of a body that your God gave you? Personally, I prefer to do all of my worship/rituals in the nude. For those that don't know, we refer to that as skyclad. I like to present myself to my Gods and Goddesses in as pure of a form as possible.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
There's no real connection between being naked and sex. You can have sex fully clothed and you can do normal things completely naked. There's only a connection because we put one there. Many tribes in Africa, for instance, have no problem with women not wearing tops. It's normal for them, and doesn't lead to sex.

Also, there's nothing wrong with sex as long as it's between informed, consenting people. The Bible, for some reason, wants it to be something bad and sinful unless done for procreation. That's just BS.