• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LHP and relationships

Mike182

Flaming Queer
somewhat of a debate started up in a different thread between Danisty and Pardus about LHP values a specific relationship scenario, and i'd like to look a bit deeper at the debate because it is one that i have been pondering for the last day or so and i think it's an interesting topic.

Pardus stated that if his girl friend were to become obese, he would leave her. this is a LHP position because his girl is choosing not to bother about her weight, and so she has no right to complain about him dumping her as an ill consequence of that choice she made.

Danisty seemed to disagree with that, saying that his girl friend would be better off without him if that was his mind state.

i don't want this debate to be about the rights and wrongs of Pardus' position specifically, and i don't want this to turn personal towards Pardus, but i would like to see the developed arguments from both sides of this debate from a LHP point of view.

also, i would like your opinions on the wider LHP view of relationships and what are and are not reasonable conditions in which to end a relationship.

Ðanisty

Danisty seemed to disagree with that, saying that his girl friend would be better off without him if that was his mind state.
I didn't necessarily disagree with Pardus' position (although it seems he assumes I did judging by his reaction). If Pardus feels that leaving her is in his best interest that's fine and perfectly LHP. It's also perfectly LHP for her because it's in her best interest not to be with somebody who doesn't respect her, etc. She's better off without that.

also, i would like your opinions on the wider LHP view of relationships and what are and are not reasonable conditions in which to end a relationship.
This would be a highly individualized thing. When the cons outweigh the pros, it's time to get out. Only each person can decide for themselves when that's happened though.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Ðanisty;924728 said:
This would be a highly individualized thing. When the cons outweigh the pros, it's time to get out. Only each person can decide for themselves when that's happened though.

Is getting out the only option for LHPers?

I know the cons outweighed the pros at one point in our marriage, but we got to work rather than get out.

Would that also be an option for y'all?

Ðanisty

Is getting out the only option for LHPers?

I know the cons outweighed the pros at one point in our marriage, but we got to work rather than get out.

Would that also be an option for y'all?
I've had some rough patches in my marriage and I'm still married! I never truly considered the cons outweighing the pros though...not when looking at the bigger picture. I'm also particularly stubborn though...lol. I met my husband and decided I was gonna keep him! It would take a lot to convince me otherwise.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
MOD POST

Please note that due to several off-topic posts,
this thread has been moved to the LHP DIR forum.
Posters are expected to stay on the topic of LHP in this thread.

Lehnah

Master of the Mystic Arts
One can not always be perfect. I mean, sometimes you slip, right? I think that if she was in desperate need of losing wight and didn't that would be a problem but if she admitted there was a problem and tried to do something about it then that, to me, would be meeting with LHP "requirements" because she is trying to better herself.

One can not always be perfect. I mean, sometimes you slip, right? I think that if she was in desperate need of losing wight and didn't that would be a problem but if she admitted there was a problem and tried to do something about it then that, to me, would be meeting with LHP "requirements" because she is trying to better herself.

Greetings
Strange relationship you have? Or I'm I not looking at it the way I should? For me there is no problem with such relationships so long as the partner is ok with it or better yet shares the same path,ideas and views points that is my humble outlook at things.
However to use the metaphor RHP there is not way that things will work too much clashing of heads.

Regards

DiabloNightcraft..

I like A personal relationship with myself , ultamatly , I could put up some pictures of me , one behind the door , ahh, Im not full of myself , I just aknolege the fact that this is the best relationship i have ever had , But do enjoy the beauty of wemon , unlike many LHP ers , Im not a house pet type , they are nasty , nor am i into any homo trash , or haveing children , not for me .. time to put on the Artifical human Companion , (A condom) witch I also like to call Protection .. horns too you .. hail satan Joey

remember when you only needed no one, every days tomorrow and its all right , -- I love wemon , but do not trust them with my life, people are like dogs today , look at the internet, and even our own famaly , us , i can see at age 41 i canot realy trust a fat chick any more ,
it sucks to want something so bad, and you have to worry bout who they might have or will , in the future, ....or maby that just isnt your bag ,,,
can you see me on some kind of talk show on tv ?
"today we'll talk to people who would rather do it them selves , than with others?
: )

Valor

remember when you only needed no one, every days tomorrow and its all right , -- I love wemon , but do not trust them with my life, people are like dogs today , look at the internet, and even our own famaly , us , i can see at age 41 i canot realy trust a fat chick any more ,
it sucks to want something so bad, and you have to worry bout who they might have or will , in the future, ....or maby that just isnt your bag ,,,
can you see me on some kind of talk show on tv ?
"today we'll talk to people who would rather do it them selves , than with others?
: )

I encourage that you look for a suitable partner...it helps us on the road, ya know? It's often a good thing to have someone there pointing at you with a smile. It's hard to find vices/hindrances within yourself when your too close...sometimes a woman can point out what you don't see and give you a lap dance after dinner on command.

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
somewhat of a debate started up in a different thread between Danisty and Pardus about LHP values a specific relationship scenario, and i'd like to look a bit deeper at the debate because it is one that i have been pondering for the last day or so and i think it's an interesting topic.

Pardus stated that if his girl friend were to become obese, he would leave her. this is a LHP position because his girl is choosing not to bother about her weight, and so she has no right to complain about him dumping her as an ill consequence of that choice she made.

i don't want this debate to be about the rights and wrongs of Pardus' position specifically, and i don't want this to turn personal towards Pardus, but i would like to see the developed arguments from both sides of this debate from a LHP point of view.

Seeing as how this thread has been revived.... I want to go back to the OP because I think the topic was a bit, odd?

My partner is now overweight, so because I follow LHP ways should I dump him/her?

Heh?!

What in the world does LHP ways have to do with a dumping decision over weight?

Maybe I am weird, but as I have stated before, the LHP for me is about myself, and no one else. I hold no one to my path but me. I do not date people who's beliefs conflict with mine. It is an inevitable disaster to do otherwise, and not because of me. But when dealing with weight, that has nothing to do with my path. It depends.

People change, unfortunately. If I am athletic and I desire someone athletic so I chose someone with that commonality, and then a few years later they become a lazy glutton while I remain athletic, and I am no longer sexually attracted to them, that is the reason we would part if they did not make themselves decently healthy again as they were to begin with.

I am true to myself. I do not kid myself, and that is reflected in my environment I create. That would be the only LHP association to the situation that I can imagine.

Valor

My partner is now overweight, so because I follow LHP ways should I dump him/her?
quote]

What makes you happy my dearest Saint Tigress? Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law... however the law can accomidate exceptions.

What makes you happy Tigress? It comes down to this...ends with this...and may blossom anew with this...Happiness, fulfillment and security.

(ps.. this doesn't include your little "bag");)

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress

What makes you happy my dearest Saint Tigress? Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law... however the law can accomidate exceptions.

What makes you happy Tigress? It comes down to this...ends with this...and may blossom anew with this...Happiness, fulfillment and security.

(ps.. this doesn't include your little "bag");)

My little bag? lol. How did you know about my bag of toys Valor?! :eek:

he he

You are right though. It is about personal happiness. To have a healthy relationship both must be happy. If your partner is truly unhappy with you and the issues cannot be resolved, if you truly love them although you will be upset, you will let them move on so they can be happy agian. A partner breaking it off with someone over weight does not always constitute a fickle partner either.

Sometimes personality commonalities overcome weight objections, but then sometimes weight issues compound personality differences. Every situation is different, so ultimately it must boil down to the persons happiness and be left there.