• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Life in the People's Republic of New York.

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there
I can't even see what the issue is supposed to be. I must be a typical European.

Maybe it's because it's New York? Maybe if they were stationed at the Texas border there wouldn't be any comrade worries?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I saw similar in several European cities and in Argentina. Everyone seemed to be going about their business without giving them a second glance.
It must be, because of warm and fuzzy feeling that tells Supreme Glorious Leader cares so much.

A small insignificant sacrifice of being stopped and frisked multiple times through your subway adventure in great glorious motherland!

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW

Gives a comrade a nice safe fuzzy feeling now, does it?
This is nothing new so I'm not sure why they're treating this as unusual. The National Guard has patrolled NY subways and airports many times since 9/11. I've seen them several times over the years, from Grand Central Station to Port Authority and subway lines and at both airports. Their presence isn't a problem for commuters, any stress comes from their presence indicating law enforcement has decided it has credible info on heighten threat(s). New York coordinates theirs through a task force called the JTFES (Joint Task Force Empire Shield).

The National Guard is the country's states-side military force.That's why they're called on whenever there is heightened threats or emergencies in the states and not the regular military. They're deployed for anything from violent threats to natural disasters. The number of National Guard deployed during the pandemic was on par with their deployment during WWII.