• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Living in Harmony

R. Wayne

God IS. He is an eternally existing Being that is both self-sustaining and self-perpetuating. He must, therefore, be THE Utmost Possible: All-powerful, All-knowing, Perfect in every respect, 100%, COMPLETE!
Since God is 100% complete, He does not NEED anything else. Yet, "something else" is a reality.

Q. What characteristic of God's nature led to His creation activity? and WHY?

The reality is consistent with Scripture and is not contrary to God's nature.

SonOfComfort

Skypilot
This is a very loaded question, and a difficult one to answer. Personally, I would feel somewhat blasphemous to even attempt to answer this question, as I have absolutely no basis on which to try to divine the mind of God.

Isaiah 55:9 "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."

freeman2008

Because "God is", he is the opposite of "nothingness". Creation is the manifestation of His existence. Can Lucifer create? No. He can only try and steal what is not his. But what does become his will go with him into nothingness.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I lived in Harmony once.
I moved away due to infighting in the school board, gang turf wars, and a fight between the Baptist minister and the Adventist minister over who was going to heaven.

Wayne121

There will be no lasting peace and harmony until Christ returns.

Regarding peace, Jesus said (Matthew 10:34-36), “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword (the sword of the Spirit – the word of God – note Hebrews 4:12). For I have come to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. A man’s own enemies will be members of his own household.” Preaching the entire word of God will do just that.

Some years ago, an old English preacher by the name of Smith Wigglesworth remarked, “If you leave people as you found them, God is not speaking through you. If you are not making people either mad or glad, there is something wrong with your ministry. If there’s not a (spiritual) war going on, you’re not doing your job.”

Another commentator, a guy by the name of Arthur Wallis, speaking on the apostolic style of preaching that we see in the Book of Acts, said, “Such preaching makes indifference to the word of God impossible – it sets the hearers into one of two camps. It’s calculated to either produce a revival or a riot.”

Whether we like it or not, God’s people are sometimes called on to “rock the boat,” and to preach a confrontational gospel. And just what is a confrontational gospel? It’s any message that preaches the entire gospel of Jesus Christ. It’s a message that not only tells the world that Christ is the only way to salvation and eternal life, but it’s also a message that confronts unrighteousness, exposes ambivalence, and challenges people to reexamine their lives to see if they have made Christ not only their Savior, but also the Lord of their lives. The Bible doesn’t say that Jesus is our Lord or Savior. It says he is our Lord and Savior! And when you acknowledge that and advance his gospel with all the dedication, vigor and passion that you can possibly muster, then you too will have become one of God’s “little troublemakers.”

America today is at a crossroads. We have traded in the “tastes great” gospel of Jesus Christ for one that is “less filling.” We have sought to make ungodly people godly without converting them from their sin. We have taught grace without godliness, salvation without repentance, and tolerance in lieu of moral outrage. And as a nation, we have strayed far from the commandments of God. As Carl Henry so eloquently noted, “America has turned its back on God. It mocks God. Instead it worships a twentieth century Baal, incarnated in sensuality, materialism, and immorality of every kind.” We see this even in some of our mainline churches today. Over one hundred years ago, Catherine Booth remarked, “It is a bad sign for the Christianity of this day when it provokes so little opposition from the world. When the Church and the world can jog along together side by side comfortably, you may be sure there is something wrong.”

Quotes from "God's Little Troublemakers" at "The Righter Report."