• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking for documentaries on the origin of the bible

Nathannn

I have been searching really hard to find something that just gives the facts about how the bible was written, who wrote it, and its accuracy, with out anyones opinion thrown in. Everything I have found so far has a lot of opinion on both sides.
Im not looking for anything by Dawkins because he seems to just be an expert in evolution and not in the historical legitimacy of the bible.

Example's of what I have been seeing when watching history of the bible videos:
On the religious side you get the obvious hear say " we know this to be fact because so and so said so"
On the atheist side you get a lot of speculation " the bible is inaccurate because people copied the bible by hand and probably made mistakes"

Basically with the new testament was it written around the time the events supposedly happend or was it written much later.
With the old testament my assumption is that nothing currently exist to date from the old testament prior to anything A.D.

And maybe if anyone knows did the greeks have any knowledge of the old testament or jewish religion around the time of Socrates or Plato.

A

angellous_evangellous

There's no shortage of these on YouTube.

The History Channel is good, and you can also search for Bart Ehrman.

Nathannn

The ones I have seen on youtube seem to be from the like of "dan, who just got adobe premiere pro and a mic, history of the bible"

If it does come from dan with a mic I would like links to facts otherwise Im looking for something a little more credible.

Thanks.

Also, Watching other History channels video's in the past has left me with a sense of bias and added drama for raitings, I also feel they dont have a problem tampering with evidence to appeal to their viewers.

Last edited:
A

angellous_evangellous

Also, Watching other History channels video's in the past has left me with a sense of bias and added drama for raitings, I also feel they dont have a problem tampering with evidence to appeal to their viewers.

You just need to know what to look for.

I agree, I hate the History Channel documentaries. Some are far better than others. If you search for them, there might be some good ones in the related suggestions (shrug).

The good thing about the HC is they get reputable scholars on there, but the scholars tend to give their craziest ideas. That's unfortunate. But don't hate the playa, hate the game.

Christ established a bible receiving church.

12 times in the book of rev...JESUS HIMSELF COMANDS JOHN Saying,
, "What thou seest, write in a book, & send it unto the churches.
JESUS NAMED ( by locaTion _) THESE ( HIS)... 7 MAIN bible receiving CHURCHES..

THE N.T- BIBLE WAS WRITTEN BY ALL JEWS

The earliest translation of the BIBLE is OUT OF AFRICA, IS THE VETUS ..BIBLE OF 200 AD

The whole /complete Bible, based on Greek manuscripts of N.T. was the Vetus Itala OF 200 AD out of N. Africa

Vetus Itala OF 200 AD WAS the WHOLE New Testament Bible...complete in thirty-eight manuscripts, its Old-Testament text survived only in parts.
Catholic Enc Vol. XV, © 2007

seeking4truth

The Dead Sea Scrolls are documents dating from the time of Jesus.

Whether you consider them to be belonging to group of Jews or of early Christians they are among the few contemporary documents available.

Whichever documents you read, ancient or modern, they cannot but fail to reflect the opinion of the authors. The struggle we have is to sort out the common themes which are probably the basis of truth in them all.