• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

loss of glaciers

DavidFirth

I think people on the planet are blowing too much hot air into the environment causing global warming. That's my theory.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
One major volcanic eruption and we're back in the Ice age. A meteor strike far worse heating. Major solar flare and no electricity. Global warming is the slowest way to death especially if you believe Hawkins. We only have 100 years and then the earth will fix herself.
Well I'm certainly glad to hear that, but how will this come about?

Daemon Sophic

Perhaps the more immediate threat to consider is how much fresh water even the more technologically advanced countries like in Europe and North America depend on gradual (year round) melting and run-off of mountain snow and glaciers. If it doesn't build up and grow during fall and winter, then it is dry by late spring. Crops we live on don't grow without a continuous water supply.

Related Nat'l Geo article.

Jake1001

Computer Simulator
Two major problems...rise of sea level.. and... heating of ocean waters. Going to need well planned strategy.

rabkauhallA

Debate=healthy Bickering=rather not
So much water is locked up in glaciers that rising sea levels would eliminate Florida & more if they melted.
This should be taken into account when designing long term public policy.
You're so right, but there's far more to a warming global climate. The problem is, there's no convincing the willful ignorant. If someone in their party (who are in bed with fossil fuel industry) has to sit down for an interview and play the role of village idiot, then their voters call anything that contradicts the obvious, fake news. There's just no exchange of ideas with someone plugging their ears calling you a liar. And Democrats live on the coasts. Maybe a good dustbowl would help.

rabkauhallA

Debate=healthy Bickering=rather not
Two major problems...rise of sea level.. and... heating of ocean waters. Going to need well planned strategy.

Droughts. Stronger Hurricanes/Typhoons. More inclimate weather generally. Failed crops. Famine. More wars. And yeah, global ocean currents could change EVERYTHING.

VioletVortex

Another Ice Age is approaching. Have you noticed how strange the weather has been lately? I think in Russia, it's been the coldest May in 100 years or something. Within a few decades, we will start witnessing consistent cooling, that's my estimate. Until then, we will experience temperature swings and odd weather patterns like cold springs. The glaciers will begin expanding possibly during the lifetimes of some here, including myself.

Sonofason

I'm actually looking forward to the global panic, and a dramatic decrease in the worlds population. Bring it on. I hope we increase fossil fuel consumption.