• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Love is blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shytot

Whilst being interviewed, the distinguished broadcaster Sir David Attenborough said, he receives lots of letters every year, asking why he doesn't give credit to God for all the wonderful animals and plants he sees, he said he replies to these letters saying, if he did that, then presumably he would also have to give credit to God, for the worm that lives on the banks of the Zambezi river, that burrow into the eyes of children, to make them blind by the time they are five, he also went on to say, he receives replies to his letter, denying it is their God that does this.

So it appears some people can convince themselves they can have it both ways.
But I suppose 'love is blind.'

Pah

Uber all member
There seems to be two topics in your opening.

One based on the quote from Sir David Attenborough. The other based upon a closed thread.

Are these tied together in some way? If not, would you like to choose which we are to discuss/debate?

Bob

croak

Trickster
Well, I thought smart old humans could get rid of little worms. Or that people had money that they could give to poor people to live away from an infested river. Seems that people don't tend to care for others as much as they do for themselves.

I think this is a debate:
Why would God do this to people if He is truly Loving and Merciful?
I think that is something we could debate upon.

Lightkeeper

RearingArabian said:
Well, I thought smart old humans could get rid of little worms. Or that people had money that they could give to poor people to live away from an infested river. Seems that people don't tend to care for others as much as they do for themselves.

I think this is a debate:
Why would God do this to people if He is truly Loving and Merciful?
I think that is something we could debate upon.
You could start another thread on this.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I personally don't agree that God-whatever has to be 'all good', or eaven realy understandable by humanity.

wa:do

Ronald

woohoo: Shytot, man of his word!?

HEEEE"S Baaacckk! Espousing the same old Regurge. Browbeating the poor misguided believer. God bless you shytot, may Y H V H have mercy on you.
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.