• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Love Justice Wisdom Power

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Love, justice, wisdom and power are the attributes of God Almighty say the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Love, justice and wisdom are for the most part lacking on the Earth. Power though is hardly lacking. In fact, there is so much of it that it will sooner or later destroy the Earth.

Humans are not born with the first three imo. But everyone who was ever born has at least a little power.

If indeed the JWs are right that here are four main attributes of God, what are they? Does power belong in that four? If no, like I believe it doesn't, then what is the forth if there are four?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
We are born with love but it can be lost, justice is something we have to work to achieve, and wisdom is something gained by living with an open heart and open mind.

Baladas

An Págánach
My take:
I am convinced that we are born with love.
To be just is an extension of wisdom, and justice itself a difficult ideal.
Wisdom is gained by open-mindedness and open-heartedness, as Father Heathen said.
We must be willing to learn in order to be taught.

What sort of power do you mean?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We are born with love but it can be lost, justice is something we have to work to achieve, and wisdom is something gained by living with an open heart and open mind.
I agree we are born to respond to love but I do not think I can agree a newborn actually loves. Maybe.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
My take:
I am convinced that we are born with love.
To be just is an extension of wisdom, and justice itself a difficult ideal.
Wisdom is gained by open-mindedness and open-heartedness, as Father Heathen said.
We must be willing to learn in order to be taught.

What sort of power do you mean?
Good question! What kind of power to I mean? When a baby is hungry is cries. Doesn't it? Have you never taken care of an infant? I thought of the instances where a mother lifted a car to save her child. That is power.

What is the sort of power God has? I think the Jehovah's Witnesses should answer that.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Love is patient and kind. It does not boast and is not proud. It does not dishonor other nor is it self-seeking * [the next part I disagree with - I think it is a mis-print], it keeps no records of wrong.

* I think not self-seeking knocks down your theory that people are born with love.

Maybe you mean babies are born with like?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What other power do I think people have in large amounts? THINKING. Knowing, spelling, inventing, creating......

Spelling because I forgot for a couple of seconds how to spell know. See the k?

I think humanity as a whole thing has love, wisdom and justice at all about the same level which is mighty low, I should say.

But power they have in humongous amounts.

If you have ever been pregnant (I have) and have been kicked by that little kid, then you know what I am saying.

What do I think humanity has at the same level as love, justice and wisdom? Understanding. I think the four attributes of God are love, justice, wisdom and understanding.