• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Magas Believe Specious Trump Claims

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Excerpted....

The staggering reach of Trump’s misinformation — not just on Haitian migrants​

From Day One of his presidency to this day, Donald Trump has promoted an alternate reality that has caught on with a shocking proportion of his base. But we don’t often get good polling that shows just how much Trump’s misinformation has penetrated the country.

Today, we have such polling. And it’s sobering, if unsurprising.

From Day One of his presidency to this day, Donald Trump has promoted an alternate reality that has caught on with a shocking proportion of his base. But we don’t often get good polling that shows just how much Trump’s misinformation has penetrated the country.

Today, we have such polling. And it’s sobering, if unsurprising.

As Trump has launched a series of claims and suggestions that are bizarre even by his standards, new data shows large swaths of his supporters believe them.

But the most drastic among them — most notably the claim about Haitian immigrants in Springfield, Ohio, stealing and eating pets — have not caught on with more middle-of-the-road voters. That suggests there is real potential downside for Trump in pushing these fantasies.

The new data comes from YouGov, which has occasionally tested Trump’s false claims. After last week’s debate, YouGov asked voters about a battery of them.

The major findings on what Trump supporters believe:

• A majority (52 percent) of Trump supporters say they believe the claim about Haitian migrants “abducting and eating pet dogs and cats.” Excluding those who are “not sure,” twice as many say it’s at least “probably true” as say it’s at least “probably false.” (There remains no real evidence for this claim. Officials have debunked it and linked it to threats, and Republican Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine on Sunday called it “a piece of garbage that was simply not true.”)
  • 43 percent of Trump supporters say they believe that “in some states it is legal to kill a baby after birth” — another claim Trump referenced at last week’s debate. In fact, slightly more said they believed this was true than disbelieved it. (It is false.)
    Expand article logo
    • 28 percent of Trump supporters say they believe that “public schools are providing students with sex-change operations,” something Trump has recently suggested is happening but for which there is no evidence.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The media misrepresented the facts because they tend to make Trump look good about immigration and Harris look bad.
Are you claiming that Trump never said
they're stealing & eating pets?
The hearsay about the cat being prepared for eating was never shown to be false and the sources were not shown to be dishonest.
Such a claim has never been shown true either.
One would expect that if many Haitians were stealing
& eating many pets, that verification would be easy.
Yet it remains unsupported. And Vance even admitted
lying about it.

By Maga rationale, I could claim that you torture puppies.
It would be true because you can't prove that you
haven't ever tortured puppies.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
The media misrepresented the facts because they tend to make Trump look good about immigration and Harris look bad.

The hearsay about the cat being prepared for eating was never shown to be false and the sources were not shown to be dishonest.

There's no sources showing Godzilla is in fact not stomping around Tokyo too. I don't think you understand how to measure the credibility of claims when people can just make **** up like Vance admitted to doing with the Haitians eating pets thing and then you buy it and defend it

More fake stories about more fake grievances. Fakeness begets more fakeness

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No.

The presumption of innocence applies.
That's a legal standard for people being tried
for crimes.
BTW, you're not presuming innocence of Haitians.
But assuming that what Trump says is true unless
proven false. That's an unreasonably low bar for
"truth". It's faith....which makes sense, given that
Magas believe he's sent & protected by their God.
Typical TDS
Trump Devotion Syndrome
And now VDS too.

Daemon Sophic

It's more than that, it relates to commercial law as well and reporting is a form of commerce.
You @Ebionite break into people’s houses, steal their pets, and eat them, since this is your custom.
There, I’ve told the truth. My innocence must be presumed, until proven false. You are a cat eater henceforth. You are apparently also guilty of breaking and entering, and property damage. Tsk…tsk…. Perhaps the judge will give you leniency, since you are simply following you customs. But denying it is clearly wrong, and you are the one who has to prove that what I’ve stated here is false. :shrug:

Obviously my claim above is false, and made solely for @Ebionite to hopefully learn something from his errors in logic and US libel/slander laws.
“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence” - Carl Sagan (from Laplace’s Principle)

Wrong, they could have thought that the cat was a stray and eating cats is apparently a cultural thing from them.
Nope. “Eating cats is apparently a cultural thing from them” does NOT happen in Haiti. Never has. Too bad, so sad.

Fish, chicken, pig, and cows. Those are eaten in Haiti. No cats consumed. Apparently it was NEVER part of their culture. Huh. Weird. :(

Ebionite

You @Ebionite break into people’s houses, steal their pets, and eat them, since this is your custom.
There, I’ve told the truth. My innocence must be presumed, until proven false.
Your claim is proven false by my denial and the fact that I know my own customs better that you do.

But denying it is clearly wrong
How to you figure that?

Nope. “Eating cats is apparently a cultural thing from them” does NOT happen in Haiti. Never has. Too bad, so sad.
The facts are not on your side.

Ebionite

Yes, you're wrong again.

"The reason they eat cats is for two reasons. Number one is survival ... Two they do do animal sacrifices for their religious voodoo"

The meat of animals used in voodoo rituals is often eaten.

Last edited: