• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Make-up

Draka

Wonder Woman
Women: Do you wear make-up? Everyday? Rarely? Not at all? Why do you wear it or why don't you?

For the men: Your personal opinion on women's use of make-up? Do you like women to use make-up or prefer the "natural" look? Does it depend on how much a woman wears?

Kerr

I prefer the natural look, but its not the end of the world for me if a woman prefers make-up.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
For the men: Your personal opinion on women's use of make-up?

Generally i have little opinion on it beyond hoping that whatever is done is done out of comfort rather than pressure. Meaning that i'd hope it would be out of personal preferences, accomplishing personal enjoyment, comfort and confidence rather than it being out of attempting to conform to an idea she thinks she ought to be conforming to (and this can happen in either direction).

Do you like women to use make-up or prefer the "natural" look?

I lean more towards the natural look. That doesn't necessarily mean no make up generally and/or in any circumstances, rather that it would be more basic and often revolving around stuff like skin care, some hair stuff for example, and with a bit more than that on a few occasions if she wants. I'd enjoy the change, but would also prefer the 'default' to be more on the side of the natural look.

Does it depend on how much a woman wears?

I'll use that question to point out that another detail is relating to how make up works on different people. With some, certain levels and types of make up can really make their beauty shine. Some others already shine in the natural look more than with make up (or may be they just can't find the kind of make up that suits them - i don't know). So really, it's hard to say generally. Like i said what's important is more around her comfort level and finding what works best with her.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Most women need a little make up to make the most of them selves.
However they look best when they try to achieve a near natural look.
Teens and twenties with good skin often need hardly any.

4consideration

Premium Member
Women: Do you wear make-up? Everyday? Rarely? Not at all? Why do you wear it or why don't you?

For the men: Your personal opinion on women's use of make-up? Do you like women to use make-up or prefer the "natural" look? Does it depend on how much a woman wears?

I wear makeup. I don't wear much, as I don't care for a heavily made-up look on me. Usually I just go for highlighting some features, and covering some -- like smoothing skin tone, eyeliner, lipstick. It depends on the occasion.

I used to wear it all the time -- like all through my 20's & 30's. I don't wear it everyday now, but if I was going into an office everyday, I would. I don't put it on for activities like running errands, going to the beach, pool, fishing etc. (I used to.)

I feel like I look better with a little make-up, so I feel better about how I look when I wear some.

There was a time when I WOULD NOT go certain places EVER, like a store, without makeup on. I now find that silly about me in the past, and do a lot of things without wearing makeup if it is inconvenient to wear it. Carrying a purse with makeup in it is too inconvenient for me. The only makeup I carry with me is a lip-stick, or gloss -- and only if it fits in my pocket.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
John T. Malloy did some studies back in the 70s or 80s in which he asked subjects to view pictures of women using no make-up versus pictures of the same women using make-up. It was actually a bit more rigorous than that, but you get the idea. At any rate, he discovered that his subjects thought women under age 50 or so appeared more attractive when not wearing make-up than when wearing make-up. Over age 50 or so, the results were reversed, and his subjects thought women who were wearing make-up to be more attractive.

Erebus

I sort of think that there are two ways to go with make-up. The first is to use a little to accentuate features without being immediately noticeable. As an example I have a friend with very striking eyes, the only make-up she usually wears is a little eyeliner to draw attention to this. At a glance though, you wouldn't think she wore any.
The other way is to do something artistic. I've seen people use make-up to draw tribal designs under their eyes or create a heart on their lips. I would say that well done gothic make-up falls under this category. I would also say that it's far easier to get this wrong than it is to get it right.

Where I don't like make-up is when it looks as though it's been applied with a spade. It just looks tacky to me, as does fake tan, especially when it ends up looking orange. I'll admit to being biased here though as I like the "goth" look and find very pale or even alabaster skin very attractive. I know plenty of guys who feel exactly the opposite way.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I rarely ever wear make up, and when I do, it is very sparingly just to either accentuate eyes or lips or the use of powder to cover some shiny areas of skin (nose, forehead). Most of the time I am completely without now. When younger I would wear make up pretty regularly, but now the most I ever apply to my face is chapstick. When I do use make up to go to some formal thing like a party or some other gathering (which is really about the only time outside photographs I bother with make up) it usually just consists of some eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara, lipstick, powder, and a little highlighter for my cheeks (everything is neutral tones as well). I don't even let foundation touch my face. I have too many issues with dry skin to fudge with that. I just use a good moisturizer before I put anything on and that's that.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Only on special occasions. When I do wear makeup I totally glam out and have all kinds of fun.

I rarely wear makeup now on most days. Every now and then i have a wild hair up my hoo-ha and put some on, but then I wind up sweating it all off at the studio. So, I just don't even bother anymore and make sure my skin is cleaned and moisturized morning and night and my hair brushed well.

Treks

I wear it on very special occasions but only ever foundation and lipstick. Most days I wear foundation on my nose cos I've got something like roseatia (sp?). Sometimes I will wear lipstick to work usually if my lips are too cracked and horrible.

Skwim

Veteran Member
I likes me women plain . . . but seductive.
avatars-000023103557-mvt3w7-crop.jpg

Last edited:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I think makeup is an epic waste of my money unless I'm using it for religious purposes.

Also, I do not trust what is in it.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I go from no make up ..to going "all out" (if we are going somewhere 'nicer" or if I think I might be photographed or want a photo) ..to just a little to 'feel" fresher or if Im just going out and about...but to understand the pressure? Im totally comfortable now to just not wear any around the house and such...so my sons YOUNG(17) gorgeous GF sees me that way mostly ..but I have put on make up(gotten all dolled up) to go to dinner with them etc..my son told me his GF said "I clean up well" :sad4::help:

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Women: Do you wear make-up? Everyday? Rarely? Not at all?

I wear subtle eyeliner every day and powder on my chin to cover up the spots.

Why do you wear it or why don't you?

Because I look terrible without it most of the time.

I am not a man but I thought I would chuck in my 2c anyway lol. I dont mind women who use makeup but do not find a lot of make up particularly attractive. I prefer the natural look.

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
I almost never wear make-up. When I do, it's just a little bit of black around the eyes and even that tends to make my eyes itch really badly.

I'd love to know a lot more about how to use make-up to be able to create different looks, but there's never been anyone around to teach that and I've never bothered to do the research. It's still on my list of things to do at some point in the future.

BeckyRose1998

PICKLES THE KID
I wear make-up everyday except Saturday. Saturday is my free day. If it's juat school or church, I wear eyeliner and mascara and if I'm performing(like a concert for band/choir), I wear eye shadow. Usually a brown or green color(goes good with my eyes).

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Most women are better off not wearing makeup, as their aesthetic sensibilities and technique are atrocious. What's with all these girls and women who apply so much eye makeup that they look like they just got punched in both eyes?