• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Martial arts and mental health

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Hi guys,

This year I started doing tai chi to relieve high blood pressure issues. And then i went down a rabbit hole.

In my school we do Yang style Taiji, 7 Star Mantis and Foshan Wing Chun. Within Taiji we do Qigong exercises and in the other two we incorporate boxing drills as well.

These have been integral to my development as a whole. They relieved my joint pains, back pains and have made me stronger and way more flexible, i can actively control my stress levels, am more relaxed and feel happier. Overall they have benefitted my mental health and spirituality tremendously. And it has made me realise that physically i can endure way more than i ever thought possible. It has helped my well being more than any religion or spirituality has.

Do any of you do martial arts? If so, how do they benefit you?