• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

mastered the use of a walking cane!

Eddi

Believer in God
Premium Member
I have finally mastered the use of a walking cane!

I can now walk places without totally doing my back in

The trick is to use it like a third leg

I use it in my left hand and I move the stick forward in unison with my right leg when I walk, putting both forward without engaging my left leg

I then stick my left leg out on its own, as though it is a third leg in-between my cane and my right leg

I have basically stopped being bipedal and am now a tripod

So, that's the way to do it

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I have finally mastered the use of a walking cane!

I can now walk places without totally doing my back in

The trick is to use it like a third leg

I use it in my left hand and I move the stick forward in unison with my right leg when I walk, putting both forward without engaging my left leg

I then stick my left leg out on its own, as though it is a third leg in-between my cane and my right leg

I have basically stopped being bipedal and am not a tripod

So, that's the way to do it
When I briefly used a cane (broken right leg),
I used the cane in my right hand to lessen
weight on the injured leg. Worked well.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Given the nature of my pinched nerves and balance problems (inner ear doesn't talk to eyes, neither talk to the nerves in my ankles...), whether I use my left or right depends on the day, and it can vary in a matter of minutes. Mostly I try not to go places where I have to walk any great distance...in places like the grocery store where I'm gonna have to walk a ways, I get a cart to provide the needed balance.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I got called a Karen on another thread because I am 62, don't want to try new things anymore, and don't want to suddenly have to learn how to be more thrifty. Oh well. I AM 62. I DON'T want to try new things anymore and I DON'T want to suddenly have to learn how to be more thrifty. So hate me for it, I don't care.

Younger people really have no idea how fleeting youth is. It seems like you are in it forever till suddenly, you aren't.

OP I am so glad you are getting around better!