• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meet the Chat Goddess

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
So, with us unofficial chat folk having been officially accepted into the fold of RF, the staff wanted someone to take up the task of moderating the room. They asked me to do it, and I agreed.

A little information about me. I'm 25 years old and live in a cold corner of Europe together with my husband and two mischievous cats. I'm currently studying programming, but looking for options to get into a better school or change subject altogether. In an ideal world I'd spend all my days writing novels, reading lot and lots of books and sometimes joining archaeology digs to learn more about what it was like to live in the past. There are lots of topics that I'm very interested in, but some of the prominent ones are mythology, programming, psychology, history and literature.

Belief wise I'm hard to describe with just a few words. I mainly label myself Left-Hand Path, but my views have elements of naturalistic pantheism, animism, autotheism, Western occultism and Paganism in them. Strictly speaking I'm a rationalist and a non-theist, but I give high value to spiritual experiences and feelings. The way I make sense of this is by dividing the world into two parts: objective reality (scientific truth) and subjective reality (how our brain renders the world to us). I live comfortably in both, which is why my posts sometimes seem to contradict each other.

If you want to catch me in my natural habitat, I can be found in the chat practically every day. I'm still learning how the moderation works here on RF, but I'll still do my best to help you.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Congratulations! I think you'll make a fine addition to the mod team. Your kindness and level headed approach to members will serve you well.

I've never been a "chatter" either here or elsewhere (I'd talk your ear off in person, though) but I'm happy to see you on the mod team! :)

Renji

Okay so since you're a goddess, what kind of powers do you possess?

And oh, can I make use of your celestial powers in making magical fu's (you know, those yellow paper talismans east asian uses for luck, exorcism and stuff)?

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
Okay so since you're a goddess, what kind of powers do you possess?

And oh, can I make use of your celestial powers in making magical fu's (you know, those yellow paper talismans east asian uses for luck, exorcism and stuff)?
I have to invite my believers @Iti oj, @Quaxotic and @lewisnotmiller to answer this question. Quax might be a heathen, though, since he's nominated me the goddess of architecture and sarcastic justice instead. As far as I know my powers are limited to always being online in the chatroom and knowing how it works, but what would a god know. :D

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
She is also the goddess of insomnia. I'm her herald.

Renji

So I guess I can make use of your powers for chatroom spells, whatever that is. And yeah, I'm an atheist so I don't believe in your divinity. :p

Gratz! :)

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Now I'm going to have to squeeze a few moments from somewhere to visit the chat room :)

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I have to invite my believers @Iti oj, @Quaxotic and @lewisnotmiller to answer this question. Quax might be a heathen, though, since he's nominated me the goddess of architecture and sarcastic justice instead. As far as I know my powers are limited to always being online in the chatroom and knowing how it works, but what would a god know. :D

As far as I can tell, your chief power is omnipresence...
;)

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
So I guess I can make use of your powers for chatroom spells, whatever that is. And yeah, I'm an atheist so I don't believe in your divinity. :p

Atheist-schmatheist...
I'm an atheist. There is not need to BELIEVE in the chat Goddess, for she clearly exists.

The Neo Nerd

We agreed on this.

They cannot believe in you, because if you know something to be true, correct and factual you do not have to believe in it.

That is why, written above the doorway of your temple is "Those who believe can **** off"