• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mike Huckabee overstays his welcome.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
I've seen him on Colbert several times. Without a doubt he is the funniest and maybe the most personable of all the major candidates this year (with the possible exception of Mike Gravel). It's nice to see a politician who doesn't take himself too seriously all the time.

A

angellous_evangellous

I liked seeing him on SNL. The only thing better than seeing Huck being funny on TV is knowing that he's out of the race.

Melancholy

異端者
I thought it was funny. Just goes to show how politicians can be good actors when they want to be.
:)
Good on him though for doing that sketch.

BTW. Thank you to whoever edited the title, really appreciated.

Francine

I was afraid of Huckabee, because he is a theocrat.

"I have opponents in this race who do not want to change the Constitution," Huckabee told a Michigan audience on Monday. "But I believe it's a lot easier to change the Constitution than it would be to change the word of the living god. And that's what we need to do -- to amend the Constitution so it's in God's standards rather than try to change God's standards so it lines up with some contemporary view."

The Raw Story | Huckabee: Amend Constitution to be in 'God's standards'

Presumably he would amend the constitution to say:

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
Francine said:
"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Plus he would probably add a girl clause.