• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Miley Cyrus's "Wrecking Ball"

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Hers is okay, but the sides aren't buzzed, so I don't think it's as cool as Miley's.

I don't really have anything to say about lesbians here though. I just think it's a cool looking hair style. :shrug:

My gf has the hots for Jaime Lee and isnt a big fan of pink. Other lesbians I know have the hots for pink and not so much Jaime Lee so I dunno lol

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Watch Miley's "backyard sessions." Seriously. She's got more than an "ounce of talent."

I think there's more to the hating here than meets the eye. ;)

First of all for YOU I will..(watch more Miley) second of all I don't "hate her " just because I think she is not entertaining and I have seen better at a party with drunk people not even getting paid.100's of times.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Dont forget that she is still young. I doubt she has the ability to reach that conclusion on her own at this point in her life.

I didn't forget that.But apparently I must "hate her' and not see the "beauty" in raw sexuality when I point out she is making a fool of herself..and no talent(IMHO) is evident in her antics.I must just "hate her" ..so I and people like me (who cant appreciate raw sexuality) should keep their mouth's shut.Forget she is only 20 and say .."shes an adult" and sit back and laugh and feel sorry for her til one day she commits suicide ..or wakes up...

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
I didn't forget that.But apparently I must "hate her' and not see the "beauty" in raw sexuality when I point out she is making a fool of herself..and no talent(IMHO) is evident in her antics.I must just "hate her" ..so I and people like me (who cant appreciate raw sexuality) should keep their mouth's shut.Forget she is only 20 and say .."shes an adult" and sit back and laugh and feel sorry for her til one day she commits suicide ..or wakes up...

You post comes across as emotionally motivated.

For one, what people think of you in regards to your posts doesnt have anything to do with me.

People on both sides of the fence will make whatever judgements they feel like making. I for one think that people should be concerned about her wellbeing rather than making fun of her, labelling her or making backward a$$ed assumptions.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
You post comes across as emotionally motivated.

For one, what people think of you in regards to your posts doesnt have anything to do with me.

People on both sides of the fence will make whatever judgements they feel like making. I for one think that people should be concerned about her wellbeing rather than making fun of her, labelling her or making backward a$$ed assumptions.

I'm emotionally motivated when Im accused of "hating" a person because I feel they are not "entertaining" in the entertainment industry.So I guess Im not "motivated" but defensive emotionally..I was also "accused " of not finding beauty in "raw sexuality" ..ONLY based on my critique of Miley Cyris of all people..It was also insinuated (JUST based on my opinions of 2 of Miley Cyris's performances) that I hide or will in certain circles not agree that pop culture is entertaining ..or something to that affect..

I was looking at STRICTLY her performance..knowing little to nothing about her "past" ..and I was questioned as to my "emotions" or some sort of "resistance" to raw sexuality etc...

The only thing I have labled her as at this point?Is a mediocre performer who lucked out even getting the kind of coverage she gets who is raking in the bucks.

If you want to disagree that's fine..In the mean time Im sure she is working on her new video (which will be just as bad) to collect another 10 million for her to buy more clothes and drugs..

what am I supposed to do about that..shes an adult now remember?

Why am I some sort of target just because my opinion is she sucks as entertainment?

Of course I feel sorry for her..but what am I supposed to do? Her parents don't obvioulsy care ..her producers ? they are all hand in hand laughing all the way to the bank it seems.the only difference is Im laughing and not getting any money..

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
I'm emotionally motivated when Im accused of "hating" a person because I feel they are not "entertaining" in the entertainment industry.So I guess Im not "motivated" but defensive emotionally..I was also "accused " of not finding beauty in "raw sexuality" ..ONLY based on my critique of Miley Cyris of all people..It was also insinuated (JUST based on my opinions of 2 of Miley Cyris's performances) that I hide or will in certain circles not agree that pop culture is entertaining ..or something to that affect..

I was looking at STRICTLY her performance..knowing little to nothing about her "past" ..and I was questioned as to my "emotions" or some sort of "resistance" to raw sexuality etc...

The only thing I have labled her as at this point?Is a mediocre performer who lucked out even getting the kind of coverage she gets who is raking in the bucks.

If you want to disagree that's fine..In the mean time Im sure she is working on her new video (which will be just as bad) to collect another 10 million for her to buy more clothes and drugs..

what am I supposed to do about that..shes an adult now remember?

Why am I some sort of target just because my opinion is she sucks as entertainment?

Of course I feel sorry for her..but what am I supposed to do? Her parents don't obvioulsy care ..her producers ? they are all hand in hand laughing all the way to the bank it seems.the only difference is Im laughing and not getting any money..

Maybe you should take a break from this thread for a little bit and come back in a bit? I can see where you are coming from, but I think it is not worth getting upset over.

I just feel bad for people like how I felt bad for britney spears when they sensationalised her breakdown before she was diagnosed with a mental health disorder.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
First of all for YOU I will..(watch more Miley) second of all I don't "hate her " just because I think she is not entertaining and I have seen better at a party with drunk people not even getting paid.100's of times.

See? That's the kind of criticism that is a bit over the top. That's the "hating" I'm talking about. Not that you are consumed with hatred or anything. Haven't you heard of the term "hater" before? ;)

Here, I found her cover of "Jolene" by Dolly Parton in her recent Backyard Sessions where I think she does it justice and keeps it simple:

[youtube]wOwblaKmyVw[/youtube]
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wOwblaKmyVw

Her hair shows her just before she got it cut to her newer image that we're talking about now.

[youtube]My2FRPA3Gf8[/youtube]
Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball - YouTube

All I got to say is..Wtf?

I was told by my friend, Charlene, that the only reason Miley is doing this is because she doesn't want to be known as a Disney person anymore. She doesn't want her videos on Disney Channel anymore. She wants to be an adult.
My mom and I think that there are better ways on proving you're an adult than going around naked and twerking on married men. :facepalm:

Ughh... God... Miley Cyrus looks like my youngest cousin. A boy too... damn.. I hate her music too. Whatever works for her I guess. She needs to do some maturing first before I would consider her an Adult.

Alceste

Vagabond
I haven't read all 20 pages of this, but I will chip in and say I'm sick to death of the internet being obsessed with the overt sexuality of Miley Cyrus. Naked people acting sexy in music videos is something we've seen a hundred billion times before. It is absolutely nothing new.

Get over it.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I haven't read all 20 pages of this, but I will chip in and say I'm sick to death of the internet being obsessed with the overt sexuality of Miley Cyrus. Naked people acting sexy in music videos is something we've seen a hundred billion times before. It is absolutely nothing new.

Get over it.

Yeah, it started that way. Then the debate went from how Miley was naked, to Miley was twerking, to how twerking has pervaded the culture (and that it shouldn't or something), to Miley has no talent, to Miley should mature more, to Miley Miley Miley ought to needs to has none yadda yadda yadda.

Just to sum up the 20 pages for you in one paragraph. She's getting a lot of attention by people who insist she shouldn't get a lot of attention. :D

Get over it.

I agree 100%.

dantech

She want's to have sex appeal and she's getting just that. Doesn't matter what the world thinks.