• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Miley Cyrus's "Wrecking Ball"

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
[youtube]My2FRPA3Gf8[/youtube]
Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball - YouTube

All I got to say is..Wtf?

I was told by my friend, Charlene, that the only reason Miley is doing this is because she doesn't want to be known as a Disney person anymore. She doesn't want her videos on Disney Channel anymore. She wants to be an adult.
My mom and I think that there are better ways on proving you're an adult than going around naked and twerking on married men. :facepalm:
The VMAs was just an act. And she probably is trying to get people to see her as an adult. I barely know who Miley Cyrus is and even I was thinking "shes that grown up now?" As Mystic mentioned, we still see Ron Howard as little Opie, even though he has made a respectable career for himself that deserves far more attention than something he was did as a kid a long time ago.
I also agree she is trying too hard (But in reality she'll probably never be able to leave behind Hana Montana), and I think she looked terrible at the VMAs (almost as bad as Gaga's meat suit whenever it was when she done that, minus the wastefulness). But the Smith's got an interesting family picture out of it.:biglaugh:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
we still see Ron Howard as little Opie,

I don't ...if anything I remember him from Happy Days.I'm fully aware he is a brilliant director.When I hear the name Ron Howard I think "director /actor".

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I don't ...if anything I remember him from Happy Days.I'm fully aware he is a brilliant director.When I hear the name Ron Howard I think "director /actor".

Collectively speaking, more people more often than not do. He was interviewed about his role of Opie Taylor for the 50th anniversary of Andy Griffith, and this is what he said:

After you left the show how hard was it for people to stop calling you Opie?
They still do. You know, it used to bother me because everybody wants to continue to grow beyond the work that they've done. But somewhere around the time that I won an Academy Award, I noticed that even people that wanted to talk to me and refer to me as Opie, they'd kind of laugh about it, and they'd say, "I really enjoyed 'Apollo 13," or "I really liked 'A Beautiful Mind,'" (laughs) They were letting me know that they were aware of my other career. They just found that [Opie] as a nickname, irresistible. I kind of understand that. I have so many great memories of it, and it had such a great deal of good fortune in the business as a result of the great start that I got on the show that I really feel like that it no longer bothers me; I no longer feel threatened by that as a reference. It's really gratifying to me.

Source

It's a cultural phenomenon, D. You may not do it as often as many others do, but it doesn't negate what a lot of people do when they think of Ron Howard and other child stars. Miley Cyrus made a huge name for herself as Hannah Montana, and it's happening to her the same way it was happening to many other child stars.

I always wonder how Shirley Temple coped after she grew up. I never looked into her story, come to think of it.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I find her entire career laughable to be honest. She cannot sing as we know for a fact and her only gimmick was that she was young and some other small issue.... Hmmmmmmm. I forgot what it was :facepalm::.

Oh that's right........SHE IS THE DAMN DAUGHTER OF BILLY RAY CYRUS!

Her career was over with when she became an adult to begin with just like Justin Beiber. When they are grown people realize they are not cute nor talented. It is a career built from an illusion

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I find her entire career laughable to be honest. She cannot sing as we know for a fact and her only gimmick was that she was young and some other small issue.... Hmmmmmmm. I forgot what it was :facepalm::.

Oh that's right........SHE IS THE DAMN DAUGHTER OF BILLY RAY CYRUS!

Her career was over with when she became an adult to begin with just like Justin Beiber. When they are grown people realize they are not cute nor talented. It is a career built from an illusion

^ This.Even if you take away the advantage she had to break into the industry and become a child star..being a child star does not mean you have what it takes to go on as an adult star.Not everyone is Jodi Foster or Whitney Houston or Michael Jackson etc..If not for her dad she would not be getting the kind of exposure shes getting now just based on her level of talent.

Im not saying she would have no career at all in the industry.But I think it would be more in the background .

BeckyRose1998

PICKLES THE KID
I was told by my friend, Charlene, that in the dress rehearsal for the VMAs, Miley didn't do the twerking. Robin Thicke didn't know Miley was going to do that.

After the VMAs, a school held a school dance and an 11-year-old twerked. Coincidence?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I was told by my friend, Charlene, that in the dress rehearsal for the VMAs, Miley didn't do the twerking. Robin Thicke didn't know Miley was going to do that.

After the VMAs, a school held a school dance and an 11-year-old twerked. Coincidence?
As long as old grounskeepers & blue haired ladies don't twerk, the world is safe.

Miley Cyrus looks like a boy. In all honesty She really does. I don't understand what people find sexy about Her.
I used to wear my hair as short (if not shorter) than Miley's back when I was around her age. :)

Actually, her current look reminds me a bit of Madonna's back in the mid- to late-80s.

Below is Madonna on the left, from her Papa Don't Preach and La Isla Bonita videos respectively, and Miley on the right:

iridescence-albums-rf-specific-graphics-picture4741-comparison-madonnas-look-back-80s-miley.png

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
I actually took the time to watch this whole video last night. The whole thing made me feel sad if I am honest.

Me Myself

Back to my username

Phhhh here reggeaton plays on children's parties all the time (a direct translation of one of the songs would be "I dont care you are older than me, I am going to get you in my bed") and the boys and girls dance like if they were ),ۦ&'ing.

Weird stuff, but thats how it is.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I seriously think if most people werent so concerwith how much sexuality the video depicts as if it were something opposite of "good taste" in music or some silliness like that, more of you could see how fantastic it is.

NIX

Daughter of Chaos
I think the... problem... is that (whatever it is that she is doing) she's not pulling it off.
I just don't think sex appeal is her thing. (in that she does not come off as sexually appealing. IMO)

NIX

Daughter of Chaos
Miley is definately a 'Twirk Symbol'. If that's what she's aiming for she's doing quite a good job of it.
She's definately 'pulling off' something. :p

Marilyn- Sex Symbol
Miley- Twirk Symbol

It works. :D

Last edited:

Alceste

Vagabond
I think the... problem... is that (whatever it is that she is doing) she's not pulling it off.
I just don't think sex appeal is her thing. (in that she does not come off as sexually appealing. IMO)

Yeah, I know what you mean. When you know somebody is specifically trying to be shocking, it's more embarrassing than anything.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
This is why I hate pop and don't pay attention to it, or any celebrities for that matter... And I'm the weird one!

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
My only concern though during Miley's performances was the nature of of her buttocks. Considering that it is so flat, it does make a razor edge when she bends over and could possibly cut other individuals if approaching her bum to closely.