• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Miley Cyrus's "Wrecking Ball"

Me Myself

Back to my username
And the video is good and makes perfect sense with the song, and the only reason people are bashing it out is because the immidiately assume that if it is too sexual (I am not even sang nude here, but sexual) in a "raw" or "hardcore" way, then it most be bad and purely for shock value.

I mean, even without you seeing the video if I told you a pop video the actress licks e hammer as if it where a penis, most people would be immidiately prejudiced against it from before seeing it.

Why? Whats the problem?

Me Myself

Back to my username
I think you made a good point.

It's funny. It's like people don't remember the controversy and the criticism Britney Spears created. How she dressed. How she danced. How she sang "I'm a Slave 4 U" while handling a snake at the 2001 VMAs barely dressed. How her jeans were so low on her hips people could see her vagina (I remember that criticism blasted toward her back in the day).

And that she was a Mickey Mouse Club sweetheart who made 30 year old pedo guys sweat bullets with her "Hit Me Baby One More Time" video as she was 15-16 and dressed provocatively as a schoolgirl.

I swear people have short term memories.
What does that have to do with pedophilia?

Pedophilia is the psychological tendency to arousal mainly or exclusively towards PREpubecent

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
And the video is good and makes perfect sense with the song, and the only reason people are bashing it out is because the immidiately assume that if it is too sexual (I am not even sang nude here, but sexual) in a "raw" or "hardcore" way, then it most be bad and purely for shock value.

I mean, even without you seeing the video if I told you a pop video the actress licks e hammer as if it where a penis, most people would be immidiately prejudiced against it from before seeing it.

Why? Whats the problem?

Maybe people are reacting to it because they see it as a follow up to the MTV awards peformance?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Okay, this thread isn't exactly up my street, but my assumption is that Miley is doing this as a cynical/ concerted image management exercise, not for artistic Purposes. But I paid all of 8 seconds attention it. What's the general opinion here with regards to that?

It's kind of like everybody here who hates any beer not made in a microbrewery, and especially hates Budweiser beer and sees it as having no taste, is a corporate watered-down producer of "beer", and embarrasses the industry. But there's friends I have had visit from Germany who have been taken to local microbreweries in the hopes that we can impress them with local artisan beer, and they wind up asking for Budweiser.

And they all say, "What's with people around here hating Budweiser? It's at least as good as other pale ales." :D

Good beer is good beer. Bud is NOT good beer in my opinion. At all. But taste is subjective.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Why cant you see beauty in raw sexuality?

Who me? I guess I see the way she(Miley) is "performing" as more "funny" than sensual ...More like a girls gone wild video..

but isnt it completely condescending to assume she is uncreative or that it most be bad because you dont find the beauty of it?

OMG ..I said making a fool out of herself like a clown and for it to be called "talent" I disagree with that.That's my opinion .

She is in the service industry ..in this case entertainment.I see her as a poor entertainer.Period..that has nothing to do with me not seeing beauty in raw sexuality/at least she gets a "thumbs up" from me for making me laugh.

And how am I "condescending" ?Am I condescending if I go to a resturant(open to the public) and I think the food sucks that I say "I thought the food sucked at this resturant"?I'm rating her PERFORMANCE not her as a person let alone "raw sexuality".What if I sit down and expect to be entertained by a comedian and I find nothing really humorous about their performance? Sure Kudos for "trying' but fell short of being funny (to me)

Is it condescending that people competing in the Olympics get "judged" and 99% of them lose?

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
It's funny. It's like people don't remember the controversy and the criticism Britney Spears created. How she dressed. How she danced. How she sang "I'm a Slave 4 U" while handling a snake at the 2001 VMAs barely dressed. How her jeans were so low on her hips people could see her vagina (I remember that criticism blasted toward her back in the day).

I don't remember her (vagina) but I enjoyed that performance(I already liked the song I listened to it on the radio every time it came on)..It was visually (for me) stimulating ...but then again I like snakes.. :)

(of course I had NO idea she was an innocnet Mickey Mouse club girl!)

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Why? Whats the problem?
I don't care if it's sexual or not. I just think the video is goofy. :shrug:

Still a cool hair style, though.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
I don't care if it's sexual or not. I just think the video is goofy. :shrug:

Still a cool hair style, though.

Some of the lesbians online were all HOW DARE SHE about that haircut...cos you know...pink usually does that kinda thing lol

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..

Well that seems to be the "excuse".As long as she is making money who cares if she burns out and crashes and ends up dead of a heroin overdose at 30.

I think she needs to address her "rage' at the fact aparrently she was enslaved by someone to force her to be Rebecca of Sunnybrook farms on the Mickey Mouse Club and "forced her" to cry on command...in a more lets say "healthy way" than going head over heals into the drug scene and humping wrecking balls naked for miliions of people to see .Who I will gaurantee are laughing at her (many anyway) and don't give a **** what happens to her in 10 years..

But hey ...to each his own.She needs to start now though not "blaming " anyone else now that she is an "adult" including her fans if she is all 'I'm doing what I want to do " thing.She needs to own it.

Can't have it both ways.

Last edited:

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Well that seems to be the "excuse".As long as she is making money who cares if she burns out and crashes and ends up dead of a heroin overdose at 30.

I think she needs to address her "rage' at the fact aparrently she was enslaved by someone to force her to be Rebecca of Sunnybrick farms on the Mickey Mouse Club and "forced her" to cry on command...in a more lets say "healthy way" than going head over heals into the drug scene and humping wrecking balls naked for miliions of people to see .Who I will gaurantee are laughing at her (many anyway) and don't give a **** what happens to her in 10 years..

But hey ...to each his own.She needs to start now though not "blaming " anyone else now that she is an "adult" including her fans if she is all 'I'm doing what I want to do " thing.She needs to own it.

Can't have it both ways.

Dont forget that she is still young. I doubt she has the ability to reach that conclusion on her own at this point in her life.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Well LOL!! You would be wrong..I fully enjoy pop culture ..when its involving something I find enjoyable and attractive.When I detect an ounce of talent.I have a broad range of taste in music from old to new ...I don't stick with one type and one era...I'm not afraid of new..and different..I will still puke when a dime a dozen performer that I can compete with is presented as something unique or special above most others just because she lucked out...

Oh and I for one never said Lady Gaga had no talent.In fact I think she might be a genius .

Miley wishes she could be her and that's boring to watch.

Watch Miley's "backyard sessions." Seriously. She's got more than an "ounce of talent."

I think there's more to the hating here than meets the eye. ;)