• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Miley Cyrus's "Wrecking Ball"

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
no one has a license to any type of dancing, but she looks ridiculous and try hard and can't do it anyway. If she came out trying to do Bollywood dancing I think people would of been just as disturbed. She looks silly that's the point.

You can't speak for everyone. Not everyone who has seen her dance is disturbed. What you find silly is something else to another. I don't like blanket labels. You have an opinion that her dancing sucks, and that's okay. But, not everyone holds this opinion.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
no not assigned, created! difference. But I never even said that anyway....
Oh, I'm just having fun with your introducing the race business.
Let white girls be bad at twerking & black girls be bad at ballet
without discouraging them. As long as I don't have to watch, it's
all good.
You should thank your lucky stars that I don't dance.

Last edited:

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
no not assigned, created! difference. But I never even said that anyway, I said she can't dance and looks ridiculous and try hard, if she looked in her element, people like Rhianna may have reacted differently.
But she is white so can market it to a white audience without being called "ghetto trash" so I guess she knows how to use her privilege well to make money, and in that sense she is smart.

I find this mentality to be absolute bull.

You have an opinion that the girl can't dance. Honey, we get that. Your opinion is shared by many other people.

Demonstrate please, through statistical data, how, Miley has been able to use her "white privilege" to make money. Demonstrate how her race is projecting her forward in a way that someone else would be disadvantaged. Demonstrate please, how this is a race issue and cannot be largely attributed to the gullibility of an audience for which she's marketed to, which is, mind you, a highly DIVERSE audience.

If we need to move this to another thread, that's fine.

Last edited:

Wherenextcolumbus

You can't speak for everyone. Not everyone who has seen her dance is disturbed. What you find silly is something else to another. I don't like blanket labels. You have an opinion that her dancing sucks, and that's okay. But, not everyone holds this opinion.

I'm talking about the reactions at the VMA

Rakhel

My only critique of this video is is the licking of the sledge hammer and the making out with the wrecking ball.
Otherwise, I get it. Not bad. Better than her last one.

Wherenextcolumbus

I find this mentality to be absolute bull.

You have an opinion that the girl can't dance. Honey, we get that. Your opinion is shared by many other people.

Demonstrate please, through statistical data, how, Miley has been able to use her "white privilege" to make money. Demonstrate how her race is projecting her forward in a way that someone else would be disadvantaged. Demonstrate please, how this is a race issue and cannot be largely attributed the gullibility of an audience for which she's marketed to, which is, mind you, a highly DIVERSE audience.

If we need to move this to another thread, that's fine.

I'm saying she won't be viewed as "ghetto trash"

Wherenextcolumbus

Oh, I'm just having fun with your introducing the race business.
Let white girls be bad at twerking & black girls be bad at ballet
without discouraging them. As long as I don't have to watch, it's
all good.
You should thank your lucky stars that I don't dance.

I said she was bad at twerking

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
yeah exactly because African Americans artists are "ghetto trash" and she is a "wannabe ghetto trash"

Most mature people who enjoy music don't attach such ridiculous labels to performing artists. This is something I'd expect from my daughters' middle school buddies.

Last edited:

Draka

Wonder Woman
I don't get. I never have and I don't think I ever will. That is, the constant critiquing of her. She really isn't doing anything that hasn't been done before. If she hadn't been painted with a certain persona by Disney for so many years no one would have anything to compare to. There would be no "old Miley" and no "new Miley". There has only ever been her. The facade that has been perpetrated around her for years when younger was just that, a facade. She is just being her and doing what so many have done before.

I think one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read on a youtube comment was someone saying that if she was doing pop in a respectable manner it wouldn't be so bad. I nearly died laughing. "Respectable" pop? People, let us remember that pop is what has given us such grand performances from artists such as Madonna, Cher, Britney, David Bowie, George Michael, Lady GaGa and many others. Half to completely naked gyrations and sexual undertones seems to be bar for the course. Whoopty-doo.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It's the boots, right? The boots have to go?

The boots can stay as long as they're steel toed -- this is a construction site, after all.
I'm also concerned that she has no hardhat. If OSHA* sees this she's sure to be cited for workplace safety violations.

*Occupational Safety and Health Administration

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I think Rhianna was raising an eyebrow because Miley can't dance and certainly can not twerk she needs to stop trying to imitate African American dancing poorly, I think that is way Rhianna was like "no just no!"

Everybody's got an opinion on twerking. How to do it. Where to do it. Who should do it.

Back in my day, we didn't call it "twerking." We just crouched, put our hands on our knees, and "popped that ***" like there was no tomorrow.

Now I want to put on some of that old Miami bass sound....Rumpshaker....Tootsie Roll....Daisy Dukes.....Shake What Cha Mama Gave Ya....

:D

Sorry, y'all. I was just revisiting 1993 memories at the local house party again. Go on discussing Miley's twerking and naked videos again as if it's still a new thing. She's laughing all the way to the bank.

freethinker44

yeah exactly because African Americans artists are "ghetto trash" and she is a "wannabe ghetto trash"

No, African American artists are not ghetto trash. Some are, but in general, no. Ghetto trash is the African American version of white trash. Not all members of the race are ghetto or white trash. Miley Cyrus isn't acting African American, she is acting ghetto trash.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
She's laughing all the way to the bank.
Or rehab...

She's not doing anything new or different, but she is doing things in a way reminiscent of Britney and Lindsay. I think she's heading for the deep end unless she puts on the breaks.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Everybody's got an opinion on twerking. How to do it. Where to do it. Who should do it.

Back in my day, we didn't call it "twerking." We just crouched, put our hands on our knees, and "popped that ***" like there was no tomorrow.

Now I want to put on some of that old Miami bass sound....Rumpshaker....Tootsie Roll....Daisy Dukes.....Shake What Cha Mama Gave Ya....

:D

Sorry, y'all. I was just revisiting 1993 memories at the local house party again. Go on discussing Miley's twerking and naked videos again as if it's still a new thing. She's laughing all the way to the bank.

Exactly.