• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mischief of the gods?

agorman

Premium Member
It happens to me that the gods, sometimes Odin, or Frejya, give me signs to go back to the Norse path, then I put them on the altar, I give them offerings, and after a few days they send me to "a more advanced path" (Mainly Taoism!); despite I feel more at home with Norse things now. It's like they have fun at my expense. Or maybe they want me to learn about other religions. But I don't want to. In any case I don't have much problem in reading about other religions while I'm in Heathenism.

Did something like that ever happen to you?

I know I have no way to prove I can really communicate with the gods; but if you've been a Heathen/Pagan I think you know what I mean (dreams, thoughts, feelings, finding things of the gods in unexpected places, etc). I use no drugs/psychedelics.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
It happens to me that the gods, sometimes Odin, or Frejya, give me signs to go back to the Norse path, then I put them on the altar, I give them offerings, and after a few days they send me to "a more advanced path" (Mainly Taoism!); despite I feel more at home with Norse things now. It's like they have fun at my expense. Or maybe they want me to learn about other religions. But I don't want to. In any case I don't have much problem in reading about other religions while I'm in Heathenism.
What do you mean by a "more advanced path", more advanced in what ways? How so? I tend not to hierarchy Paths as more or less advanced so this confuses me.

You mention mischief, trickery and being tricked. As a person who has worked with Loki, are you sure you aren't being pulled along by Him? He is a shape shifter after all.

Did something like that ever happen to you?
Yes and No. I approached the Morrigan once and She promptly told me to go away and that it was not my time to be working with Her.

I know I have no way to prove I can really communicate with the gods; but if you've been a Heathen/Pagan I think you know what I mean (dreams, thoughts, feelings, finding things of the gods in unexpected places, etc). I use no drugs/psychedelics.
No need to prove anything to me.

Last edited:

agorman

Premium Member
You mention mischief, trickery and being tricked. As a person who has worked with Loki, are you sure you aren't being pulled along by Him? He is a shape shifter after all.

I don't know, the last time I tried being with Loki, he was good to me as an intelligence god; improved my memory and helped when I was in college. He likes candies and toys as an offering. He was funny and used to accompany me as a guide. Never did any mischief to me. Except when I dreamt with him as the classical red Satan with horns, but he was Loki, LOL.

Yes and No. I approached the Morrigan once and She promptly told me to go away and that it was not my time to be working with Her.

Oh yeah Morrigan is tough! Celtic gods also told me my "tribe" is the Norse gods, not them, and also recommended me a "more advanced" path.

I think "more advanced" means some path that has more scriptures, more methods, more philosophies and concepts like a Universal God/Source, true self, etc. like Hinduism, Buddhism... I think the gods (Celtic and Norse) refer to some Eastern religion. They hate me attempting to be Christian (I find Christianity confusing anyway).

The problem is, I don't feel "at home" in Oriental paths. Do I really need them? In Ásatrú chakras and nadis can be activated and unblocked with methods such as concentrating on rune Sowilo or meditating in colors. So I was once actually beggining to be happy in Ásatrú; but the gods ended up wanting me to tread other paths. I realize about it because of thoughts I get from the gods, or sensations such as darkness, coldness or indifference approaching my altar.

Maybe I should insist. Maybe it's a test. Maybe they want me to enrich my path with the knowledge of other religions... Maybe they want me to try other religions to be better convinced that Ásatrú is right for me. No idea; that's why I asked if the same happened to others.