• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

misconception about Islam or about Muslims?

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
hi everybody,

I just wanted to know what are the misconceptions people have and whether it's about Islam or about Muslims themsleves.

If you want to judge so judge the rules but don't judge the one who supposed to follow the rule.

If the law in any country says Don't kill people so when people do so do we have to say that these rules are invalid because there are many people who broke the law?

Just to share thoughts only because i heard some guys in here were saying leave us alone or why did you kill innocent people in the WTC.

Do Jews do the same with Christians ??

a jew: hey you killed so many jews oohh christians are crimanls, terrorists and barbaric even though they didn't just kill them but BURN ALIVE !!!

a christian: This is a stupid argument to call christians this way, because Hitler dosn't represent all christians around the world.

the jew: but he was a christian like you .. the same religion CAN'T YOU SEE?

the christian: The same way that i can't blame the Jews when they helped The Roman to kill Jesus.

the jew: fair enough... you are right. it's not fair to judge the religion by a group of people but we have to judge it by it's original rules.

(This is only an example and i didn't mean to offend whether Christians or Jews and i apologize if they feel offended but it just to show the situation from other veiw to make it easiar to understand by others).

Is it about Islam or about Muslims?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
The truth said:
If you want to judge so judge the rules but don't judge the one who supposed to follow the rule.
I am sorry, but what you have said there is not an accepted morality. What you have said, in effect, would have allowed may Nazi soldiers to have been blameless at theend of World war II.

To follow rules blindly (which is in fact what you are advocating) is not an accepted morality. I will give you an example. Hitler said we must kill all the jews. That was his rule he made. After the war, would you have excused his soldiers for having murdered Jews ? Did the fault lay fully at Hitler's door ? -I think not.:)

Qabandi

i think what hes trying to say is not to judge any religion by what its followers do , if one muslim raped somone you cant judge a hole religion to what 1 muslim did , coes everybody can point fingers , no human is perfect every religion has a beleaver that does bad things , but its not right to judge the religion on what that follower did .

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Qabandi said:
i think what hes trying to say is not to judge any religion by what its followers do , if one muslim raped somone you cant judge a hole religion to what 1 muslim did , coes everybody can point fingers , no human is perfect every religion has a beleaver that does bad things , but its not right to judge the religion on what that follower did .
I rather think that says the opposite, don't you ?

Merlin

Qabandi said:
I agree with you. We have had some pretty fanatical Christians (Hitler is a good example), but I do not think the rest of the Catholic community worldwide has ever been blamed for the treatment of the Jews in the Second World War. If a group of Christians hijacked a plane and flew it into a massive skyscraper in Saudi Arabia singing "Jesus Christ is my saviour", would it be our fault?

In more recent times the Irish Catholics in America financed the IRA when they were bombing and murdering people. Should we blame all Catholics? Of course not.

I find it amazing that we always call these people Islamic terrorists, but we never called the IRA 'Catholic terrorists'. I wonder why that is?

Malus 12:9

Temporarily Deactive.
Merlin said:
I find it amazing that we always call these people Islamic terrorists,
Could you drop the "we" and replace it with "some people"? Not everyone don't alwways call these people islamic terrorists..

Malus 12:9

Temporarily Deactive.
I just wanted to know what are the misconceptions people have and whether it's about Islam or about Muslims themsleves.
Prepared an answer for each misconception have we ;)

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
michel said:
I am sorry, but what you have said there is not an accepted morality. What you have said, in effect, would have allowed may Nazi soldiers to have been blameless at theend of World war II.

To follow rules blindly (which is in fact what you are advocating) is not an accepted morality. I will give you an example. Hitler said we must kill all the jews. That was his rule he made. After the war, would you have excused his soldiers for having murdered Jews ? Did the fault lay fully at Hitler's door ? -I think not.:)
The thing is the same as Qabandi and Merlin said but i guess i didn't express well what i wanted to say.:p