• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

User14

hello everybody.

Does anyone know anything about the path of mishra tantra? I imagine it must be mainly an oral tradition because information is scarce online. All I can really find is that it focuses on the heart chakra, it combines external and internal rituals, and that it is mainly right-hand when it comes to external rituals.

I'm intrigued and would like to learn more. To what extent does this school emphasize bhakti or devotion? Is puja involving murtis acceptable within mishra tantra? What is the ultimate goal of mishra tantra? Is it primarily monist, dualist, or qualified monist in its philosophy?

I would be very glad to hear anything you might know about this mysterious path! Thank you in advance.

User14

Yes, these links are very helpful!

I'm currently reading through "Shakti and Shakta" by Arthur Avalon (John Woodroffe) which is included in the first link you posted. He mentions mishra tantra but does not discuss it in great detail.

It seems like most sources focus on either Kaula tantra or Samaya tantra, and only speak of Mishra tantra as a "transitional form" between the two. But I am interested in it specifically because it seems like a tradition that could lend itself quite well to Shakta bhakti.