• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mohammad (s) and his family (a) is the final chosen family sent to mankind per Quran.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salam

قُلْ يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ إِنِّي رَسُولُ اللَّهِ إِلَيْكُمْ جَمِيعًا | Say, ‘O mankind! I am the Apostle of Allah to you all together....

This verse shows Mohammad (s) is sent to all of mankind. If he and his successors were replaced, he would be sent to all mankind before the replacement.

وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَاكَ إِلَّا رَحْمَةً لِلْعَالَمِينَ | We did not send you but as a mercy to all the nations | Al-Anbiyaa : 107

Here alameen can't be only the nations at his time. Because Mohammad (s) was sent for generations to follow regardless if there was a Prophet after or not. But there is no "except till the next Prophet is sent", and so it means Mohammad (S) is sent a mercy universally for all times to come.

أُولَٰئِكَ الَّذِينَ هَدَى اللَّهُ ۖ فَبِهُدَاهُمُ اقْتَدِهْ ۗ قُلْ لَا أَسْأَلُكُمْ عَلَيْهِ أَجْرًا ۖ إِنْ هُوَ إِلَّا ذِكْرَىٰ لِلْعَالَمِينَ | They are the ones whom Allah has guided. So follow their guidance. Say, ‘I do not ask you any reward for it in that it is a reminder for all the nations.’ | Al-An'aam : 90

Per 42:23, the reward is nothing but love of the chosen family and all they accuse him of terms of selfishly being motivated is really just recognition appreciation and affection for who these holy souls are, but again the family of Mohammad (s) are not limited to the nations of that time, so it means, universally. 25:57 says such love is for who wants to to take a path with their Lord. This means Mohammad (s) and his family (s) will be the path universally for all mankind for all generations to come.

I will present more indirect proofs for this.

Last edited:

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member

Salam

قُلْ يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ إِنِّي رَسُولُ اللَّهِ إِلَيْكُمْ جَمِيعًا | Say, ‘O mankind! I am the Apostle of Allah to you all together....

This verse shows Mohammad (s) is sent to all of mankind. If he and his successors were replaced, he would be sent to all mankind before the replacement.

وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَاكَ إِلَّا رَحْمَةً لِلْعَالَمِينَ | We did not send you but as a mercy to all the nations | Al-Anbiyaa : 107

No, Jesus was the final chose one:

"And the Good News about the Kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, so that all nations will hear it; and then the end will come."

Here alameen can't be only the nations at his time. Because Mohammad (s) was sent for generations to follow regardless if there was a Prophet after or not. But there is no "except till the next Prophet is sent", and so it means Mohammad (S) is sent a mercy universally for all times to come.

أُولَٰئِكَ الَّذِينَ هَدَى اللَّهُ ۖ فَبِهُدَاهُمُ اقْتَدِهْ ۗ قُلْ لَا أَسْأَلُكُمْ عَلَيْهِ أَجْرًا ۖ إِنْ هُوَ إِلَّا ذِكْرَىٰ لِلْعَالَمِينَ | They are the ones whom Allah has guided. So follow their guidance. Say, ‘I do not ask you any reward for it in that it is a reminder for all the nations.’ | Al-An'aam : 90

Per 42:23, the reward is nothing but love of the chosen family and all they accuse him of terms of selfishly being motivated is really just recognition appreciation and affection for who these holy souls are, but again the family of Mohammad (s) are not limited to the nations of that time, so it means, universally. 25:57 says such love is for who wants to to take a path with their Lord. This means Mohammad (s) and his family (s) will be the path universally for all mankind for all generations to come.

I will present more indirect proofs for this.

Nope, Jesus was the Only Way to God:

John 14:6

"Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

And His revelation was the last one:

"Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away."
Matthew 24:35

That means, His Revelation shall never be replaced with another One. It will never Pass.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"And the Good News about the Kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, so that all nations will hear it; and then the end will come."
This doesn't refute what is posted in the OP. Also, Quran has the good news about the authority of God and his kingdom as well.

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
This doesn't refute what is posted in the OP.

It does, because it shows Gospel of Christ is the one for the whole world. No need for Quran.

Also, Quran has the good news about the authority of God and his kingdom as well
Yap, Quran copied the ideas from the Bible.

I am just showing how Christians believed their Religion is the Last one, is similar to how you interpret Quran. I believe you are making the same mistake as they did.

There is no finality of Revelation.
God's knowledge is infinite and He can continuously teach humanity by revealing newer teachings.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am just showing how Christians believed their Religion is the Last one, is similar to how you interpret Quran. I believe you are making the same mistake as they did.
You are attempting to do so, but are failing to do it.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I agree with that. But it is not my fault if you don't want to accept.

Muhammad made a lot of effort to teach there is no last Revelation, yet, how many Muslims took lesson?
It’s not your fault but rather the proofs show other than what you are saying.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
God's knowledge is infinite and He can continuously teach humanity by revealing newer teachings.
Quran says that heavens and earth created in truth/with true purpose and for a limited term. Do you guys believe this universe will never be destroyed?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salam

I will also bring up another topic here that implies Mohammad (s) is the final Prophet and his family (a) the final successors.

(1) God would use the best of his chosen for last.
(2) Mohammad (s) and his family (a) are the best of the chosen per Quran and hadiths. (Will only be proving it from Quran here).
Therefore Mohammad (s) and his family (a) are the final chosen ones.

To prove 2.

Ahmad <-> Mohammad

We have to look one the notion that Mohammad (s) name is equivalent to Ahmad. Ahmad means the most praised, and so I would say the double implications have to go both ways.

To show this doesn't mean simply "the most praised of his time", I'm going to say Mohammad (s) has to imply that and Ahmad has to imply Mohammad (s).

The only way possible is to understand "Praised" means he is praised to the extent he can't lack any possible for a servant of God. Of course, he lacks praise in God, but for a servant, he is fully praised to the extent of maximally. And thus Ahmad also means he is not just the most praised of his time, but such that he is fully praised (lacks no praise). In this way Mohammad -> Ahmad, and Ahmad -> Mohammad and they are logically equivalent in truth table because they are double implications of one another.

Ayat Tatheer

Another place where Mohammad (s) is shown to be this, is in Ayat Tatheer. First we have to understand the concept of blessings and purity. Higher purity contains lower purity. The verse is saying the only stuff God wants to keep away from the holy soul of Mohammad (s) is uncleanness and that he and his family God wishes to purify a purity. The double purity means it's the best form of purity, the most ultra type, which means it's the highest type possible for creation.

If there was future Messengers that would be more sublime in purity, the double ultra form would not make sense as there would be yet a higher purity and more ultra form possible. As well, God would keep away some praise and honor that belongs to the future Messenger. This shows, Mohammad (s) and his family (a) are the final chosen group of guides.

So in this thread to summarize:

(1) It's shown in Quran Mohammad (s) is a universal to all people of all time and if he was not last, he would be sent only to all people until next Prophet.
(2) It's shown also his family are a way to God for all people of all time to come, again, it would not be a reminder to all the nations/worlds, but till the next Prophet comes.
(3)It's argued that God would save the best for last, and it's show Mohammad (s) is best by meaning of his name being Ahmad as well.
(4)Ayat Tatheer shows Mohammad (s) and his family (a) are the best of the best for all time to come and hence they are the last chosen family as God would save the best for last.

Last edited:

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salam

There is also verse 43:80.

Say: if God were to have a son then indeed I am the first/best/foremost of the worshipers.

Keeping in mind, the semantic debate:

لَوْ أَرَادَ اللَّهُ أَنْ يَتَّخِذَ وَلَدًا لَاصْطَفَىٰ مِمَّا يَخْلُقُ مَا يَشَاءُ ۚ سُبْحَانَهُ ۖ هُوَ اللَّهُ الْوَاحِدُ الْقَهَّارُ | Had Allah intended to take a son, He could have chosen from those He has created whatever He wished. Immaculate is He! He is Allah, the One, the All-paramount. | Az-Zumar : 4

This means if anyone would be sons of God, it would be his chosen ones. Combining that with 43:80 meaning it means Mohammad (s) is the best of all worshipers, and if anyone would be a son of God it would be him, but God is above that.

Keeping in mind the best would be saved for last, this shows Mohammad (s) and his successors (a) are the final chosen ones.