• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Moon rituals

JustGeorge

Imperfect
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you have any moon rituals? I need inspiration. Feel free to write here what your moon rituals are like
I haven't done any in awhile. I had a roommate for awhile that did, and we'd join in with her.

What was done would depend on whether the moon was new or full. I remember a few story nights fondly, where we'd share sacred stories. Sometimes we'd get to know a deity better, or to ask for this or that(or perform a magical work with that aim).

The quarters were always called. A small feast was always had(generally, wine/juice, crackers, cheese).

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
I haven't done any in awhile. I had a roommate for awhile that did, and we'd join in with her.

What was done would depend on whether the moon was new or full. I remember a few story nights fondly, where we'd share sacred stories. Sometimes we'd get to know a deity better, or to ask for this or that(or perform a magical work with that aim).

The quarters were always called. A small feast was always had(generally, wine/juice, crackers, cheese).
I love this! Thank you for sharing

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist

What did you do differently from the full moon and the new moon?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I've been a devotee of Moon for several years now; something about it stuck and it's been an every moonth thing. A lot of that is because I keep it simple and uncomplicated. I do my standard ritual openers - you would not want to use them because they are specific to my tradition - and the body of the ritual is just reflection. Reflection on what happened over the last moonth and reflection on what the coming moonth will bring. I keep in mind the essential nature of Moon during these reflections to contextualize and find meaning in what is going on around me. What the essential nature of Moon is... that's for you to discover as you build your relationship with the Silver Light. The lessons They share with you may be different but no less useful in your own life.

Beyond the reflections, sometimes I will also introduce a lore reading. I have a book of folklore and mythologies about Moon, so I may read one of the tales and then contemplate its meaning. Sometimes I will just express adoration and reverence for Moon in spontaneous song or litany. Whatever feels like it is flowing out of me in that moment.