• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More than a Carpenter

SK2005

Saint in training
Wow, when I was recently on the campus of University of Idaho, I received this book at a 'club fair' and on the other side it has The Life of Jesus. I haven't read it yet though, but I have it right in front of me. wow.....

SoliDeoGloria

I read it in 94. Then, I thought it was a great simple book on Christian Apologetic basics. I still feel the same way about it. Ofcourse Josh McDowell has written much more since then (Evidence That Demands a Verdict, More Evidence That Demands a Verdict, etc.). Josh Mcdowell is a pretty respected apologist. Since then I have dove much deeper into the subject of Apologetics and have yet to be disappointed. "More Than a Carpenter" is a great start.

Sincerely,
SoliDeoGloria

Personally, I liked the book. It brought up a lot of good points and I now even use some of those. I suggest reading it to anybody who hasen't.

- David

chuck010342

when I became a christian it was the bible and this book that convinced me. Really Good book, McDowell is an excellent apologetic author... I will become one someday.