• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Morning Has Broken

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
For some reason, my heart began to hum a tune i hadnt heard in a while... I thought i'd share it with you. It means a lot, even though I'm not christian. (strange....i know...she's crazy!) Despite my insanity, i hope that some of you find peace in these lyrics... its just peaceful... we sang it in chapel...

Morning Has Broken
lyrics by Eleanor Farjeon

Morning has broken, like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning
Praise for the springing fresh from the word

Sweet the rain's new fall, sunlit from heaven
Like the first dewfall, on the first grass
Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden
Sprung in completeness where his feet pass

Mine is the sunlight, mine is the morning
Born of the one light, Eden saw play
Praise with elation, praise every morning
God's recreation of the new day

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
My Unitarian Universalist church sings this song from time to time. Of course, we kind of trip over a few pharses thinking, "what did I just sing?" But it is a beautiful song and one that I remember from my childhood growing up in a Christian church.

Ðanisty

I know it only as that beautiful song Cat Stevens sang. I'm not a Christian either, but it is a very nice song.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
fromthe heart said:
I like that song...it sort of gives ya'chills.;)

exactly! It always made me feel like God was giving me a reminder that everything was his, and I was to take care of it and love it as he did... but that was when i was Christian...