• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mud huts

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Homeless guy made a mud hut in the UK is asked to leave the property
Hermit who lives in a mud hut in Merry Hill Forest is ordered to leave his home | Daily Mail Online

They are small houses made from dried mud. mud huts are houses made of cow dung(poo) and dirt.

bakonzo-healer-in-front-of-his-mudhut-rwenzori-mountains-west-uganda-bedw47.jpg
mudhut.jpg
rock-art-canyon-ranch.jpg
african-boy-mud-hut-19039279.jpg

That's how some people in the 21st century are still living.

I'm just trying to give you something to be grateful for is all.

In the first world, we sometimes forget that hundreds of millions of people face water scarcity, often damaging their skeleton hauling heavy jugs of water for hours each day (till the peace core shows up and drills them a well.).

It's good to sometimes see how others live these days.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Guaranteed they have a very low suicide rate.

I wonder who the police are in a village of mud huts, and where they put their prisoners?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Let me get this straight. The 2500 (local Catholic charities estimate) or so homeless people living in my town ought to be joyous because they're not living in mud huts yet. Fascinating! And it ties in so well with the fact that, on any given evening, you can go to the homeless camps here in town and observe the happy and grateful natives dressed in their quaint and colorful army clothing joyfully dancing around their campfires to express their delight they are not living in a developing country.

Please don't misunderstand me. I am grateful to live in America in part because -- though we are obviously, many of us, headed towards Third World living standards -- the economic surplus in the country, along with a few public and private social programs, has allowed for some amelioration of dire poverty. But to be told to be content with that -- in the richest nation in history -- that's another matter.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Let me get this straight. The 2500 (local Catholic charities estimate) or so homeless people living in my town ought to be joyous because they're not living in mud huts yet. Fascinating! And it ties in so well with the fact that, on any given evening, you can go to the homeless camps here in town and observe the happy and grateful natives dressed in their quaint and colorful army clothing joyfully dancing around their campfires to express their delight they are not living in a developing country.

Right...

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Not sure if joyous is the word... nothing wrong with counting your blessings, by seeing what others have, I suppose... plus I honestly find mud Huts interesting myself... no need for a broom or vacuum cleaner. :D

lostwanderingsoul

What have the great and wealthy churches of the world done to help? Ban birth control so more and more children are born into poverty with little chance of getting out?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
What have the great and wealthy churches of the world done to help? Ban birth control so more and more children are born into poverty with little chance of getting out?
the poor nation's reject Western attempts to give them things like abortion and birth control, According to some documentaries I've seen.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Here's a fascinating question: Why on earth is there even a single person in the United States -- the richest nation in the history of the earth -- who lives in involuntary poverty?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Here's a fascinating question: Why on earth is there even a single person in the United States -- the richest nation in the history of the earth -- who lives in involuntary poverty?
Drug addiction and mental illness are two huge factors

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Do you (1) see any other "huge factors" besides those two, and (2) do you think more could be done to ameliorate those two factors?
You know, I don't know what most of America is like, but in my city there are many resources...so many so, that there really has to be something wrong with you, I think, to wind up homeless, and that's coming from a guy who's been homeless a lot.

I would say having really poor parents, low wages, and unemployment are huge factors.

What area of the city you're born into is a huge Factor.

Physical disabilities is another huge Factor.

But for most people, it seems to be something is psychologically off with them

Spiderman

Veteran Member
yes, much more could be done by Americans to completely end involuntary poverty, but we are selfish Apes, so it's not going to happen.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What's wrong with living in a mud hut? Isn't it preferable to living in a tent or under a bridge?

upload_2018-5-9_7-42-59.jpeg
Where would you prefer the homeless live?
I'd also take issue with the pejorative "mud hut."
How is this "adobe" dwelling not a mud hut?
upload_2018-5-9_7-47-1.jpeg