• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Multiple Gods

Francine

If there is more than 1 God then how do you think you would be judged? By a panel of Gods? or would there be 1 leader?

If there is only two gods they would arm wrestle each other for the decision. Any odd number of gods would be a straightforward majority rules vote. A large even number of gods would have to take sides in seige warfare to render a verdict. This was the fate of Troy, when the shade of an old potter came to Mt. Olympus for judgment.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
wow, how did a thread like this stay hidden for 3 years? lol!

if there is more than one God, how will we be judged? i'm not so sure that most polytheists believe in a judgment...

Francine

wow, how did a thread like this stay hidden for 3 years? lol!

Some forums don't like it when people resurrect old threads. Other forums don't mind, and still others enjoy the new energy that it injects into the conversation.

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
If there is more than 1 God then how do you think you would be judged? By a panel of Gods? or would there be 1 leader?

Mike said:
wow, how did a thread like this stay hidden for 3 years?
:yes: I wonder how nobody pay attention to it:confused:

I believe in one God, the Creator of the whole universe and what's theirein, and of course I, as everybody else, would be judged by the one Judge, our Creator.

Peace

McBell

Admiral Obvious
You would likely be judged according tot he rules and regulations of the god you choose to follow.
If you choose no god, then you just hang out in limbo until you choose one.

Mr. Hair

Renegade Cavalcade
If there is only two gods they would arm wrestle each other for the decision. Any odd number of gods would be a straightforward majority rules vote. A large even number of gods would have to take sides in seige warfare to render a verdict.

Unless, of course, there were any ethical guidelines or social regulations from which a person, and the previous sum of their behaviour, could be judged against; or even if there were some form of otherworldly jurisdictional framework set-up to peacefully administer divine justice. Additionally, and perhaps even more likely, some gods just might not care. ;)

What you've described is a strawman, and quite a poor one at that. Polytheism does not automatically equate to an afterlife of anarchy or tyranny-by-majority.

Francine

Nordicßearskin;1033729 said:
What you've described is a strawman, and quite a poor one at that. Polytheism does not automatically equate to an afterlife of anarchy or tyranny-by-majority.

I believe that God the Father judges, and God the Son acts as defense attorney for those who have him on retainer. When the verdict of guilty comes from the Jury to the Judge, Jesus does a fast one, sticks the real jury slip into one of his sleeves, pulls a fake one out of his other sleeve, and hands that one to his Father. "Not guilty. The defendant is free to partake of the Tree of Life." Down comes the gavel. "Next!"