• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims: Keeping the wife "in line"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
and your modern world (western) made from the woman as trade,and use her as sex tools , abuse her to work for living (on contrary we give her to right to work not by force) , then live her in the end of her live in the old age hospital , can't you see ? , if you critic god solution for mariage problem ,
try to admits yours and fix them first problem in your civilized world.
Women's Suffrage - Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
the blind never mock the one-eye
Fundamental difference between Islam and West
Um, you realize that Uncyclopedia is a parody site... right? :facepalm:

Draka

Wonder Woman
and your modern world (western) made from the woman as trade,and use her as sex tools , abuse her to work for living (on contrary we give her to right to work not by force) , then live her in the end of her live in the old age hospital , can't you see ? , if you critic god solution for mariage problem ,

Excuse me? Women are not forced to work in the West. We have the right to work. Women may find a need to work just as men do. It's not like women are forced out of the home and required to bring home paychecks for their husbands. How do you figure women are abused to work for a living? And what in the world do nursing and retirement homes have to do with abusing a woman? Men live in such homes too.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Um, you realize that Uncyclopedia is a parody site... right? :facepalm:

You know, I didn't even bother to look at the sites he put up, I just responded to what he said. Now that I look, it is rather funny that he used such a site to back him up :p

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Which would you rather have, Godobeyer: a wife who understands and respects you, or one who fears you and seethes in resentment?
why not both ? because it's refer to kind of the woman . we have less feminity and high feminity .
I prefer high feminity .
but if i choose i will chose the first one in your case, "which understand and respect me ."

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
why not both ? because it's refer to kind of the woman . we have less feminity and high feminity .
I prefer high feminity .
but if i choose i will chose the first one in your case, "which understand and respect me ."
Then don't hit her.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

Yes, unfortunately bad things do happen in the west, however we don't condone misogyny and subjugation nor do we consider it an ideal like your culture does. As for education, career and lifestyle, it should to be up to each individual how they wish to live their lives regardless of their gender.

And your "solution" has nothing at all to do with god.

Also, why did you link a satirical site?

Godobeyer

Premium Member
I'm sure hoping this is a language issue, because it sounds like you're saying it's a possible solution for a marriage problem to make a wife a slave.

Please explain.
ok
the mariage is like the shared company , it's should be one head master ,for my opinion in the normal cases is the man even it's virtual , it's main relation between the feminity and male .and we see this even in animals . rarely or imposible we found a female animal control her flock .
God creat the woman as partner to care about him and inverse but not in the same way .
the man always need the Sympathy and tenderness of the woman , and woman need always the care and protection of the man .

Godobeyer

Premium Member
see you tomorrow, i will reply for you all , it's sleep time here . see you brothers and sisters .

In another translation, 'drb' can also be translated to refer to a husband abandoning her wife instead of 'beating' her. That is, he should separate from her. (from free-minds.org)

"The men are to support the women with what God has bestowed upon them over one another and for what they spend of their money. The upright females are dutiful; keeping private the personal matters for what God keeps watch over. As for those females from whom you fear desertion, then you shall advise them, and abandon them in the bedchamber, and separate from them. If they respond to you, then do not seek a way over them; God is Most High, Great.

And if you fear a permanent rift between them, then send a judge from his family and a judge from her family. If they want to reconcile, then God will bring them together. God is Knowledgeable, Expert."

-- 4:34

Obviously, translators and interpreters have power over holy books to harm or to heal. :/

Last edited:

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
This is an excerpt from an article that will hopefully clear this issue out:

Living Islam Article said:
The Prophet also expressed astonishment at the cruelty of certain men when he said: "Could any of you beat his wife as he would beat a slave, and then lie with her in the evening?" (Bukhari and Muslim).

Full article here.

Hope this was helpful. :)

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Do you agree with this piece of garbage of a source? Please STOP pointing fingers. Muslim "culture" has its own issues to fix...and MANY of them, including the treatment of women.

of course man maybe wrong , and if he will punish for everything wrong or injustice will be done him by God.
the disagreement is not always mean unsubordonate .
there is options if she did not accept to live with that man , she talk to him , and ask him to respect her , if not she should ask the divorce her .

So the man dominates and beats her, and prays that he gets punished by God? OK, really, I'm finding this extremely disturbing, Godobeyer.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
while i appreciate your attempt...
the mere idea of the prophet condoning the beating of slaves, doesn't help

He didn't, he used it as an example of how vile someone beating their wife is. Beating a slave was also discouraged.

waitasec

Veteran Member
He didn't, he used it as an example of how vile someone beating their wife is. Beating a slave was also discouraged.

still as the statement stands, it could have been more meaningful had the prophet said, 'beating other people in order to have your way, isn't my way'.
see what i mean?

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
still as the statement stands, it could have been more meaningful had the prophet said, 'beating other people in order to have your way, isn't my way'.
see what i mean?

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from, though for the Arabs at the time, the example he provided was the perfect one.

Either way it was enough to show his contempt for wife mistreatment. :D

waitasec

Veteran Member
Yeah, I can see where you're coming from, though for the Arabs at the time, the example he provided was the perfect one.

Either way it was enough to show his contempt for wife mistreatment. :D

not for me, but if you're happy with that then...oh well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.