• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My 2024 Ask Me Anything

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Welcome to my 2024 Ask Me Anything, where people ask me questions and I try to answer.

Here are some aspects of my worldview that may have shifted since my 2023 Ask Me Anything:

1. I have expanded my social network to include more extroverts. This does not imply that I predominantly associate with extroverts now. It rather indicates that I participate in more diverse social groups now where the common denominator is not merely introverted computer people.

2. I experimented with a week of adopting/implementing a degree of "Agnosticism" in my beliefs at one point - spending about a week attempting to adopt and embody the perspective of "Agnostic atheism". It was not a successful endeavor for me, but hey, I learned from it.

3. I still appreciate the philosophical stance that is Existentialism, but now regard Existentialism as more of an aspirational idea than an absolute reality (as is, anyway).

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
I love cats.

Some people might get annoyed at cats, because they have a tendency - when you have a computer - to plop themselves on the keyboard. But I still consider them a welcome distraction.
Of all the cats you've shared space with in this life, which was your favorite?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Of all the cats you've shared space with in this life, which was your favorite?

There was a particular black-and-white cat my family had, that was kind of large and lazy, but you could tell was really intelligent. He had a look he would give people sometimes, that if he could talk, would seem to indicate he's saying something like, "And this concerns me how?" to the person. He sometimes did this when new people tried to pet him.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Tootsie Pop?

libre

Skylark
Staff member
Premium Member
Existentialism as more of an aspirational idea than an absolute reality (as is, anyway).
How would you define or present Existentialism to the uninitiated? I'm an Existentialist and not sure I quite understand but am interested