• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Beliefs in a Nutshell

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
I don't think I've ever done one of these threads before, so allow me to explain my beliefs in detail. I am a Monist, a Panentheist, and a Kemetic Orthodox Pagan. I believe that the Egyptian gods are part of one divine wellspring called Netjer. I believe that all gods, devas, spirits, angels, demons, saints, Bodhisattvas, and living things are part of one whole, which I will again call Netjer, or otherwise Brahman. I believe the higher beings like the gods do have wills and egos and thoughts, but that they are more perfect and benevolent in this then human beings are. I believe in non-dualist Monism when it comes to things like good and evil and the self. All things are united by the one life within every living thing, and even the gods are united in this one life. We cannot fully grasp this oneness of life now, because we're limited by our carnal minds, and even those people call enlightened must continue the use of carnal constructs to communicate and teach people. Only the dead are free from Maya. That's pretty much it in a nutshell. Any questions?

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
Thanks for sharing

I assume you've had some run ins with the Dharma well or are the terminologies just words that click for you?

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
That's pretty much it in a nutshell. Any questions?

Are the deities distinguished from one another in the form of sentience?

By this I mean does Set always his own personality, knowledge, experiences, likes and dislikes and so on that are distinguishable from Anubis and Horus, to name a few? Are they in effect, real personalities like we are, or are they just Names of Netjer that are responsible for different things in an anthromorphised fashion?

Rainbow Mage

Thanks for sharing

I assume you've had some run ins with the Dharma well or are the terminologies just words that click for you?

Yes I have some dabblings in the dharma and tantra as well. Tantra has become an object of my fascination.

Rainbow Mage

Are the deities distinguished from one another in the form of sentience?

By this I mean does Set always his own personality, knowledge, experiences, likes and dislikes and so on that are distinguishable from Anubis and Horus, to name a few? Are they in effect, real personalities like we are, or are they just Names of Netjer that are responsible for different things in an anthromorphised fashion?

The personalities are real, but they are expressions of the attributes of Netjer.