• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My dad said most people now a days only believe in jesus because they don't want to go to hell.Or they just want to go to heaven.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
People are selfish. It's nothing new. We want to be comforted, we want assurances, we want safety. And because Christianity is the predominant religion in the West it's what many take to even if they just go through the motions and haven't seriously thought about it.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Hope and fear have been great marketing tools for a long time. It's not a surprise that politics and religion share preying on these emotions. After all we now have FOMO (fear of missing out) which is one example.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Well, tell your dad that though I do not want to go to hell. that is not why I am a Christian so he should feel better.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
He said this idea made him sad.:(
I would find it hard to know why people accept Jesus. This is mostly just a phrase that people use when they really don’t know. None of my family and extended family received Jesus on that basis.