• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My dad

gnostic

The Lost One
My dad passed away in the hospital bed, last Friday night, 10:51 PM.

He has being in this hospital since Tuesday. He had history of asthma, but the latest cold and chest infection had taken a toll on his already weakened lungs and heart. His body wasn't getting rid of CO2 in his blood streams, so he couldn't walk or sit up on his own. Yesterday morning, when he did wake up, the doctor said there were nothing more they could do except make him comfortable.

My mum was gone since March, and I think that he missed her greatly, had lost interests in day-to-day life without her.

His name is Chiu, he is 87, born in the year of the rabbit, in a neighbouring village to my mum's village, outside of Guangzhou (Canton), China.

We will all sorely miss him. But like my mum, he is now with his ancestors, and he is with my mum.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
I'm so sorry you lost your parents. But at least they are together and you will see them one day. They will always be with you. :hug:

gnostic

The Lost One
My father should have died last year. He was in hospital with agonising perforation in his stomach, and the doctors back then, also said they couldn't do anything for him because of his age, so it wasn't possible for him have invasive surgery.

He said his goodbye back then, as did my mum to him. My sisters and one sister's children all said goodbye to him last year. But somehow he survived and recovered, and lived another year. And somehow he outlive mum.

He was one tough guy.

Surprising last two weeks before he became, due to warmer than expected weather, he was walking in the backyard, and doing short little stretching exercises, despite being weak and frail.

Like I said, he was one tough guy, my father.

Last edited:

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I recall when I lost my step dad when I was around 5.
Come here bro and let me give you a hug
726.gif

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Sorry for you losses, Gnostic. May the memories you have of your parents be a comfort to you.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
My dad passed away in the hospital bed, last Friday night, 10:51 PM.

He has being in this hospital since Tuesday. He had history of asthma, but the latest cold and chest infection had taken a toll on his already weakened lungs and heart. His body wasn't getting rid of CO2 in his blood streams, so he couldn't walk or sit up on his own. Yesterday morning, when he did wake up, the doctor said there were nothing more they could do except make him comfortable.

My mum was gone since March, and I think that he missed her greatly, had lost interests in day-to-day life without her.

His name is Chiu, he is 87, born in the year of the rabbit, in a neighbouring village to my mum's village, outside of Guangzhou (Canton), China.

We will all sorely miss him. But like my mum, he is now with his ancestors, and he is with my mum.

May he be covered by the cover of Allah. May Allah give you and your family patience and help for continuation of his works for goodness for people.

InChrist

Free4ever
I am very sorry about the loss of your Dad. It is hard losing loved ones. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.