• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My first Concert

Zephyr

Moved on
I just got back from seeing Edguy and Hammerfall at Studio Seven in Seattle. I had never been to a concert before, so my friend Jory took me with him. I must say that it was amazing. We arrived about an hour early so the crew let us hang out inside. I even had a quick chat with Joacim Cans after the band was done rehearsing:woohoo: . Jory and I took a place near the stage while his parents stood by the doors and pretended to work there. I was eagerly awaiting the show.

The first band onstage was Killing Roots, a deathmetalish group. Although I'm not a big fan of the genre and prefer cleaner vocals, they put on a good show. As a bassist myself, I especially enjoyed the few bass solos during one of the songs.

Next up was Tempered Cast. Girls flocked to the front when they got on. The music was ok. Not terrible, but still my least favorite. The music they played sort of reminded me of Tool. The only very memorable point was a pretty decent guitar solo during one of their songs.

The third and last of the openers was Into Eternity. I really loved this part of the show. By this point everyone was full of energy and rocking. There were *****ing guitar solos and catchy songs. This was a band I'd love to see again.

Then came Edguy. By this point everyone was screaming and ready for action. I had only first heard Edguy on the drive there, but they were great. This was their "coming out" concert. Everyone was completely and totally... heterosexual. There were great tunes and promises of great sex to anyone who buys an Edguy t-shirt. We were also blamed for the downfall of metal. It was like for one moment Nirvana never existed.

Next was the moment I was waiting for, Hammerfall. By this point almost everyone had come down from the bar and soon I was surrounded by drunk people who could just barely stand up. During "Glory to the Brave" everyone sang along. The crowd managed to bring them back on stage twice. There is nothing like a crowd of drunk people singing all at the same time.

All in all, the concert was amazing. We were there for 6 hours, but my legs never got tired until the show was over. I was elbowed in the face by a half-naked drunk and nailed in the head by a water bottle thrown from the stage. I got back to Jory's house at about 2am, and fell asleep instantly. I awoke this morning with a terrible headache and a sore body, but it was all worth it. My ears are still ringing.

I have been missing out.:jam:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
My first concert was Steve Miller. It was pretty good, but not my style. Id prefer to go to some group were the moshing is violent, such as Korn, Metallica, Godsmack, and Slipknot. Im going to X-fest this year. I'm looking foward to the main stage groups, Shinedown, Rush, Smile Empty Soul (all of whom I have seen before), but mainly Disturbed, because they were the first heavy group I started listening to (or at least heavy when "The Sickness" was thier only album), and I have never seen them before. I know Smile Empty Soul gets a bit of violent pit going, but I've heard Disturbed's pits get pretty violent at times.