• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

my gf dad

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
so my gf and i were talking to her dad last night, and we came to the conclusion the onlything better then the self and power of perception is colors... see guys this is what happens when you let hippies like me in the lhp dir.

Cassiopia

Sugar and Spice
so my gf and i were talking to her dad last night, and we came to the conclusion the onlything better then the self and power of perception is colors... see guys this is what happens when you let hippies like me in the lhp dir.
I like hippies!
Well perception is important. To me black is beautiful, to some it isn't. Without valuing yourself and your own power, you can't value your perception.

Iti oj

Premium Member
But what are colors without anything to perceive them?
light? but seriously good point. you need one to enjoy the other.

I like hippies!
Well perception is important. To me black is beautiful, to some it isn't. Without valuing yourself and your own power, you can't value your perception.
Well now here is something. we do not just need perception to see colors but to give them value and understanding. but what do you me by valuing your power?

Iti oj

Premium Member
I do not understand the intent of this topic.
I think thats because the things that make you and i lhp differ so much we only belatedly in the same dir.i was just sharing the results of a good convo and was hopping to continue it here with other likeminded people

Cassiopia

Sugar and Spice
Well now here is something. we do not just need perception to see colors but to give them value and understanding. but what do you me by valuing your power?
Everybody has power. Some don't realize it. Some neglect it. Some don't understand it and some are afraid of it. When you learn to value your own power, your own gifts and abilities; the power changes from potential to actual.

jasonwill2

I think thats because the things that make you and i lhp differ so much we only belatedly in the same dir.i was just sharing the results of a good convo and was hopping to continue it here with other likeminded people

No, I just don't get wtf this has to do with colors though. How we jump from colors to where this seems to be going does appear to have any commonality. *shrugs*. I guess "the power of perception" though could relate to colors as looking the same for everyone (as studies have shown), but being interpreted in slightly different ways emotionally depending on cultural influences. I did a report once on the psychological and physiological effects of colors, and I can tell you; while culture can affect your thoughts and perceptions of what a color means, the psychological effects are fairly general and the physiological effects universal. See any analogy in that that you will.

For example red is the most emotion invoking color. For some it can represent blood and hence violence or anger. But say in China it is the color people get married in. But also everyone's blood pressure, energy, and sexual feelings will rise when seeing lots of red.

White is a "holy" color in the West, but in Vietnam it is the color of death. The power of perception here is really important too.

So in a way I guess then that while all colors look the same to us as we see the same color, we can perceive them differently based on where we are from. And hence the ultimate emotional interpretation of a color comes down to many factors that the self interprets.

The power of perception and colors indeed. :cool:

Oh, also here is a couple of my links I came across for that report. It's all good reads, and now that I think of perceptions in general of colors, and see colors are synonymous with general truths, I can see a lot of good insights that come from that.

Color Psychology

The Psychological Effects of Color - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
To me black is the color of Set, even though he was often portrayed in red in ancient Egypt.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\