• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My summarized view of a depressed life

The Transcended Omniverse

I think people need their good moods/feelings (their feel-good chemical/neurotransmitter induced states of well being) to allow them to perceive (see) the good value, joy, beauty, happiness, love, and worth in their lives. I don't think our way of thinking, our outlooks, actions, and our value judgments alone allow us to truly see these qualities. I don't think we can experience any of these qualities without our good moods/feelings. I would like to add one last thing here. That is, this view of mine has been an issue for me and I wish to talk it out if you don't mind.

Last edited:

Deidre

This is interesting. So we can't choose our moods, are you saying? I kind of agree because if there is a chemical imbalance, it will be difficult to maintain positive moods. Thoughts?