• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Myself Vs Me

TransmutingSoul

May God's Will be Done
Premium Member
Myself Posting

There has to be a winner so Myself wants to dominate Me. This has been the way of faith since time began.

Myself is the human mind I live for this world, Me is the supposed spiritual potential.

Poor Me, how deluded you are, everyone says so.

I am not sure Myself can win this, as most likely Me will not participate.

How about it me, got anything useful to offer myself? :cool:

Betho_br

Myself Posting

There has to be a winner so Myself wants to dominate Me. This has been the way of faith since time began.

Myself is the human mind I live for this world, Me is the supposed spiritual potential.

Poor Me, how deluded you are, everyone says so.

I am not sure Myself can win this, as most likely Me will not participate.

How about it me, got anything useful to offer myself? :cool:

In Aristotelian terms, the conflict between "Myself" and "Me" can be seen as a struggle between actuality and potentiality. "Myself" represents the actual state of the human mind, engaged in worldly pursuits and practical concerns. "Me," on the other hand, embodies the potential for spiritual growth and higher understanding.

Aristotle posits that potentiality is not merely about having a capacity for something but involves a teleological aim—an inherent purpose or end. "Me," the spiritual potential, signifies this teleological aim. However, for this potential to be realized, it must be actualized through a process of development and integration.

The struggle, then, is not necessarily about one dominating the other but about how "Myself" can align with and actualize the potential of "Me." According to Aristotle’s concept of the golden mean, achieving balance and harmony between these aspects is crucial. It’s not about one side winning but about finding a middle path where practical concerns and spiritual potential can coexist and complement each other.

Thus, "Myself" might find that by embracing and integrating the insights and aims of "Me," a more holistic and fulfilled existence can be achieved. This harmony reflects Aristotle's idea of achieving eudaimonia—flourishing through the balanced development of one's full potential.

TransmutingSoul

May God's Will be Done
Premium Member
In Aristotelian terms, the conflict between "Myself" and "Me" can be seen as a struggle between actuality and potentiality. "Myself" represents the actual state of the human mind, engaged in worldly pursuits and practical concerns. "Me," on the other hand, embodies the potential for spiritual growth and higher understanding.

Aristotle posits that potentiality is not merely about having a capacity for something but involves a teleological aim—an inherent purpose or end. "Me," the spiritual potential, signifies this teleological aim. However, for this potential to be realized, it must be actualized through a process of development and integration.

The struggle, then, is not necessarily about one dominating the other but about how "Myself" can align with and actualize the potential of "Me." According to Aristotle’s concept of the golden mean, achieving balance and harmony between these aspects is crucial. It’s not about one side winning but about finding a middle path where practical concerns and spiritual potential can coexist and complement each other.

Thus, "Myself" might find that by embracing and integrating the insights and aims of "Me," a more holistic and fulfilled existence can be achieved. This harmony reflects Aristotle's idea of achieving eudaimonia—flourishing through the balanced development of one's full potential.
It could be that this life requires a lot more of me than myself has previously given. It could be that the nearly complete submission of myself could be the potential of me.

Regards Tony

Betho_br

It could be that this life requires a lot more of me than myself has previously given. It could be that the nearly complete submission of myself could be the potential of me.

Regards Tony
We emerge pure from God and will return to Him pure, but not all; only those who, upon glimpsing within themselves a faint glimmer of the divine light, have resolved to amplify it throughout their existence.

TransmutingSoul

May God's Will be Done
Premium Member
We emerge pure from God and will return to Him pure, but not all; only those who, upon glimpsing within themselves a faint glimmer of the divine light, have resolved to amplify it throughout their existence.
May your faith always guide you, all the best,

All are one, in all the diversity of the myself's and me's. One ponders why the myself's currently have sway over the direction the world currently focuses on.

I awoke from a powerful dream this morning. A group of us were outside and we realised the bombings were coming closer and closer and we sought shelter near a building and eventually inside a flimsy part of the building. We could see out the side and soon a line of people passed, we realised these were people fleeing the bombing, there were multiple hospital beds being pushed down the road as far as you could see. I saw a large group of children with no guardians and chatted with them, one older child was asking for a counsellor as he did not know how to tell his to younger siblings who were embracing him, how their mother was no longer coming home.

All this because of the myself's, where the me's strive for love, peace and unity.

Regards Tony