• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New feature (Join a group)

Rex

Founder
We now have 2 groups you can join and have access to that group's special forum.

Group Name: Theists

A group for fellow theists. You have a Theists Only Forum

Your username will turn purple to reflect your membership and your user title will change to reflect membership.

Group Name: Non Theists

A group for fellow non-theists. You have a Non Theists Only Forum

Your username will turn orange to reflect your membership and your user title will change to reflect membership

Now we will not tolerate users jumping from one group to another, and you don't have to be in any group if you wish. We will be keeping an eye on those users that decide to change groups, remember we can see the color change just as you can, so be smart please. If I have to I will assign a group leader that will be in charge of moderating which users can join and which can't if it gets out of control!

You can join one of these group by going to your USERCP and selecting on the left "group memberships".

Now have fun!

Rex

P.S. More groups will be added in the future for fun!

robtex

Veteran Member
sounds good. kinda learn more when the groups are intrgrated but might be a santuary for one group or another. maybe lots of blocked off sections may be harmful in the longterm. so if you have "special forums" in your head and there are more than say 3-5 you may want to priortize them because a religious forum/spirtual journey forum that is pro censureship via exclusion is kinda self defeating.

i can really see it as an attractive feature for religions that have a set dogma because they can hang out and be more open on things that might bring up heated debate instead of posting on a forum that is reserved for only their religion when they need that outlet.

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
As you said, you will be adding more groups, do you think that splitting "Theists Only" into "Monotheistics Only" and "Polytheistics Only" would be a good idea?

Rex

Founder
When you join those groups you can toggle between displaying that color as your username or not. It's under the same area.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Well, I broke the rules and posted in both forums. But I had a good reason lol. While I'm probably considered theist, I indentify more with the non-theists, I seem to have more in common with them. But being a mod I can't join either, which is fine with me. ;)