• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New guy here

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I was banned from another board, & I needed a new place to get my fix.....I have a "discussion jones". (I prefer to seek discussion rather than debate, since the notion of winning or losing seems counter-productive. I prefer to exchange an understanding of perspectives.) Returning there just didn't seem worth it, being mostly sniping & personal drama. I needed a change.

Why was I banned from the other board?
- Flame wars & abuse abound there, but unless one is a moderator's pet, sanctions are tough. (I've had many monikers, but the last few were Revolting, Revoltinger, & finally Revoltingest.) In February, they went from almost no moderation to micro-moderation, so the local culture didn't cope very well, & serious discussion died out somewhat.
- I write limericks, mainly about current events.
- I liked the theatrics of multiple identities. I posted as The Pope, The Devil, Ralph Wiggum, Ironman, & others.

Will I fit in here? I don't know yet. So far, it seems unfamiliar & weird.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just_me_Mike

I suggest take a deep breath a relax.
All walks of life are in this forum, and moderated by a bunch a good people.
However act like a jerk, and you will be called on it. Present disingenuous information and you will be called on it. It is pretty laid back here, and lots to discuss. Sometimes it gets boring and other times it is engaging.

Good luck...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I suggest take a deep breath a relax.
All walks of life are in this forum, and moderated by a bunch a good people.
However act like a jerk, and you will be called on it.

My friends all call me a jerk, so please feel free to join in. My only rancorous disputes are with people who find my views unacceptably 'revolting'.

Present disingenuous information and you will be called on it. It is pretty laid back here, and lots to discuss. Sometimes it gets boring and other times it is engaging.

Fortunately, I'm not a big believer in "information" or "facts", which I find to merely be to be questionable opinions which are really really popular. Besides, being a recovering engineer, if I delve into facts, then I tend to bore people. So I prefer to stick to basics: perspective, values, practices, questions, friendship, & rants. Note: I believe the secret to being a successful know-it-all is not how often I'm right, but how seldom I'm wrong. Use facts sparingly.

DoctorAnswerMan

Resident Answer Man
Good to see you, Revolting. I'm just looking at all of the controls here. This should be fun. I'll have to get the hang of it later when I have some time. Cooking supper for the family right now. Cheers!

sunsplash

Freckled
Welcome! I too am new, have been here roughly a week? I can't really remember as I've been paroozing on here so much. I am formerly a member of another forum but left voluntarily about 3 years ago after ownership and atmosphere changes that resulted in non-mainstream members being shunned. I also joined a different prior to this site but it was so dead over there, I'm grateful for having been directed here.

So far, this is a great bunch! There are many strongly opinionated people that I'm betting would love to take you on head to head. ;) Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator: