• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New here

AndromedaRXJ

I just randomly came across this site from browsing google. I don't remember what I was looking up when I found it, but here I am. I found this site like a couple days ago, but only registered just now.

Anyway, about me; I'm from the U.S. and 22 years old. I was born into Buddhism, but don't practice it anymore. Stopped when I was 18, but I know a bit about it.... well, at least I know a bit about the sect I was part of.

Anyway, hi :p

ratikala

Istha gosthi
welcome :namaste

glad you found us :)

which school of buddhism did you grow up with ?

I guess if you left it behind it didnt seem right for you at the time , how do you feel about it now ?

AndromedaRXJ

welcome :namaste

glad you found us :)

which school of buddhism did you grow up with ?

I guess if you left it behind it didnt seem right for you at the time , how do you feel about it now ?

It's a Japanese sect known as Nichiren Shoshu.

Still feel the same way about it as I did when I was 18. Felt like it wasted my time, and found no use in it. It has some nice philosophies, but I didn't see how a lot of it correlated with some rules I found silly.

Greetings...& my, what large teeth you have!

Haha, thank xD My avatar is a picture of a Gorgonopsid, a genus of the Therapsida clade.

It's a precursor of modern mammals.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
lol

BTW, what's a Buddheo-Christian?

I believe that everyone has to find their own spiritual truth. I have found much of my truth in the basic tenets of Buddhism coupled with my understanding of the teachings of Yeshua (notice I said my understanding). One day I hijacked the term Judeo-Christian and changed it to Buddheo-Christian. This was totally in jest but since it seem to fit, rolled easily off the tongue, and drove my evangelical in-laws crazy I decided to use it as a form of description.