• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New here

Tattoos...

• Total voters

Princesss

Well I was looking on the net for tattoo sites, and surprisingly this one popped up on me. Rather intriqued by the idea of such a site I decided to register. I think the idea of hearing other's points of view rather interesting. I, personally, have 4 tattoos already, and am ready for my 5th. I have four children and a tattoo for each of them. My 5th one is for the child I lost due to a miscarriage in Feb. of 2005. I have thought about it long and hard, and I think I have finally found the right one. Many people get many different tattoos for even more reasons. I even went so far as to talk to my priest before ever getting my first one to get the church's view on tattooing ones body. I was greatly surprised when he had said if it was something that meant something to you and not anything of a rather obscene nature or depicting anything "evil" that I should feel free. So needless to say every tattoo I have has dear meaning to me. I am Catholic, and proud of that, so my religious beliefs are very strong in me. Now I am not saying I am a bible thumper, but I do believe in what I have been taught. With what my family and myself have been through the past few months, God has been there through it all, it has not been easy, but I have found the good and caring love in everyone around me. Well, sorry to have rambled on there. Hope to talk to ya'll soon.:162:

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I have never met a live Princess until today.........:D

Welcome to Religious forums!

Please feel free to ask questions, if you have any. You might like to check out our article with links for our newer members; from there, there is also a link to the forum rules which you ought to look at.

I look forward to seeing you around.;)

Ah! you added a poll. I have never had a tatoo, and I can't see myself ever having one (but that's just because I am a coward)......also because I know that if you want to get rid of them at a later time, it's a lot more work than having them done in the first place!

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Princesss said:
Well I was looking on the net for tattoo sites, and surprisingly this one popped up on me. Rather intriqued by the idea of such a site I decided to register. I think the idea of hearing other's points of view rather interesting. I, personally, have 4 tattoos already, and am ready for my 5th. I have four children and a tattoo for each of them. My 5th one is for the child I lost due to a miscarriage in Feb. of 2005. I have thought about it long and hard, and I think I have finally found the right one. Many people get many different tattoos for even more reasons. I even went so far as to talk to my priest before ever getting my first one to get the church's view on tattooing ones body. I was greatly surprised when he had said if it was something that meant something to you and not anything of a rather obscene nature or depicting anything "evil" that I should feel free. So needless to say every tattoo I have has dear meaning to me. I am Catholic, and proud of that, so my religious beliefs are very strong in me. Now I am not saying I am a bible thumper, but I do believe in what I have been taught. With what my family and myself have been through the past few months, God has been there through it all, it has not been easy, but I have found the good and caring love in everyone around me. Well, sorry to have rambled on there. Hope to talk to ya'll soon.:162:
welcome to the forums, i hope you decide to stick around and talk with us!

im sorry to hear about your 5th child, i think you should get another tattoo! what sort of tattoos do you already have? are they tattoos of animals, tribal symbols, flowers etc

im thinking of getting a phoenix tattoo on my sholder, but im lacking in money:eek:

blessed be
mike

Princesss

I have a Stone rose on my lower back, with tribals on both sides. On my right ankle I have 3 purple hearts for my three boys, right above that I have a red heart with tribals for my little girl. On my left ankle I have a dolphin yin-yang. The one that I am getting, with my tax return lol, is going to be a heart with these great wings I found on another site, and in the middle of the heart is going to be a celtic cross, to symbolize the child I lost now in Heaven with God. So if anyone has any great pics of celtic crosses I would greatly appreciate it.

Be with God and Blessed be,
Princesss

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's My Birthday!
My opinion only... I positively hate tatoos. I'm not going to judge anyone for having one, but you couldn't pay me enough to get a dime-sized tatoo in a place nobody could even see it!

By the way, welcome to the forum! I'm sure we'll find much to agree on. ;) I'm looking forward to hearing more from you.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I have three tattoos...all of which I got before I became a Christian. I don't really have any regrets over them. Each is significant of a particular milestone in my life.

I've even thought about getting another to represent my rebirth in Christ. I probably won't but I do feel as your Priest does. If your tattoo is more of a memorial...a meaningful symbol of something important in your life...I don't think there's harm in it.

God knows our hearts...

Bishka

Veteran Member
Welcome to RF! I don't want tattoos and will never EVER get one. Too painful and I believe my body is a temple as state in Paul's teachings, so I do not want to desecrate my temple.

QTpi

Mischevious One
Hi, Princess. Welcome to Religious Forums. We're happy to have you with us and hope you enjoy your stay. :jiggy:

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I have no real feelings about Tattoos, as long as the can be hidden when needed.

I have never been temted to want one, but I can see that they have meaning for you and that must be good.

Welcome to the forums

Terry_____
Blessed are the gentle, they shall inherit the land

Nehustan

I have often thought about having my father's coat of arms on my right arm (Abba/Chokmah) and my mother's on my left (Aima/Binah), it was brought to mind my a Oxford days friend's boyfriend who served in 2REP with the LE. I never got around to it even tho' it made me smile as a slant on the 2nd amendment of the US constitution, 'the right to bear arms'. As it is I now wear a heraldic seal signet ring, and another seal ring which I won't delineate here, not really cheaper than a tattoo, but generally less painful.

I think (tho' my religion states otherwise) that tatoos can be ok if they mean something. The Anthropologist in me finds that have long played a cultural factor in different people's whether they be Celtic/pictish warriors or Maoris. In such cultures they are often signifcant as marks of adulthood, status, and the rites of passage people have passed through. There is a tradition in some parts of Africa where people are scarred to denote tribal affiliation, not really a tatoo, but similar.

I can think of no better reason for a tattoo than as a reminder of a lost child.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
I have 3 and my wife has 5. She's got some absolutely beautiful ones. It's part of what you are.

Bangbang

Welcome. I Like Animal Tokens so I have 4 animal tats.........an Eagle.....a Snake.....a Panther.....and Pitbull. However,I am thinkin about gettin a tat of Popeye strangling Olive on my calf.

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
Hey another tattoo'd lady... cool! Welcome :D
I have 5 very large tattoo's and to be honest they are part of who I am... my husband loves them too.​
I have a full back piece, 2 half sleeves and one on each of my thighs.
I have some celtic work, some witches, some cats, and more lol.​
And wanting the 6th tattoo, a tribal piece on my lower spine...

Bangbang

Evenstar said:
Hey another tattoo'd lady... cool! Welcome :D
I have 5 very large tattoo's and to be honest they are part of who I am... my husband loves them too.​
I have a full back piece, 2 half sleeves and one on each of my thighs.
I have some celtic work, some witches, some cats, and more lol.​
And wanting the 6th tattoo, a tribal piece on my lower spine...
I like my women tattooless. Why spoil such natural beauty. Oh Oh! That could be proof that a god exists.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Bangbang said:
Lipstic is good with a little eyeliner and other stuff .......but tats? No way!!!!!!
Different strokes, different folks, eh? :D I like em on the wild side. :jam: