• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Jesus Infancy Script Found

MayPeaceBeUpOnYou

Hi

I heard of this gospel a while back and I was curious why it didn’t end up in the canon. They said it because some deemed it heretic.
I am curious about it since I am a Muslim and Allah told us in the Quran 3-49.

and ˹make him˺ a messenger to the Children of Israel ˹to proclaim,˺ ‘I have come to you with a sign from your Lord: I will make for you a bird from clay, breathe into it, and it will become a ˹real˺ bird—by Allah’s Will. I will heal the blind and the leper and raise the dead to life—by Allah’s Will. And I will prophesize what you eat and store in your houses. Surely in this is a sign for you if you ˹truly˺ believe.

So just out of curiosity do you know why they deemed the infant gospel to be heretical ? Are there specific verses that made them to come this conclusion ?

Cheers

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Hi

I heard of this gospel a while back and I was curious why it didn’t end up in the canon. They said it because some deemed it heretic.
I am curious about it since I am a Muslim and Allah told us in the Quran 3-49.

and ˹make him˺ a messenger to the Children of Israel ˹to proclaim,˺ ‘I have come to you with a sign from your Lord: I will make for you a bird from clay, breathe into it, and it will become a ˹real˺ bird—by Allah’s Will. I will heal the blind and the leper and raise the dead to life—by Allah’s Will. And I will prophesize what you eat and store in your houses. Surely in this is a sign for you if you ˹truly˺ believe.

So just out of curiosity do you know why they deemed the infant gospel to be heretical ? Are there specific verses that made them to come this conclusion ?

Cheers
There were literally well over 1000 potential letters that the early church had to sort through when selecting the canon, thus the vast majority of them were rejected. The writing on the manuscript I posted was written late, with no author's name, and it couldn't be verified as being accurate.