• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New

Eurydice

Hi all, new here. I've recently gotten interested in developing jewishly, but I'm in my twenties, so not exactly jewish community material anymore/yet. Hoping the forums here might help that. I've always been interested in religions generally, too!

Eurydice

Heh, well, I study Ancient Greece and Rome professionally. :) It was the first potential nickname that came to mind.

Eurydice

Welcome!

What do you mean by that?

I've never been part of an organized jewish community, and I've been moving around the past few years, so whenever I go to shul I feel awkward and there's never anyone who looks similar in age and circumstance. People are very nice, don't get me wrong, but it's been hard to find the right niche. I admit that is partly my fault (particularly the I-find-this-awkward part), but that's the long and short of it. I'm working on it. ;)

Poisonshady313

I've never been part of an organized jewish community, and I've been moving around the past few years, so whenever I go to shul I feel awkward and there's never anyone who looks similar in age and circumstance. People are very nice, don't get me wrong, but it's been hard to find the right niche. I admit that is partly my fault (particularly the I-find-this-awkward part), but that's the long and short of it. I'm working on it. ;)

You might try finding a shul near a university or college. Even if some (or even a lot) of students come for the free food, you can bet you'll find some that are part of the Jewish community experience.