• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New

dmcantre

Hello! So this is kind of random for me; I'm not the type to put myself and my beliefs out in the open to be scrutinized. However, I also recognize that faith isn't a personal thing. It is, but it isn't. One's belief system, while deeply personal with time, had to originate or be inspired from somewhere. Often this inspiration comes from a church organization, a friend, a class in philosophy, Nature, etc, and often it's a collection of things. More than this though, when inspiration is found and cultivated, it will only stagnate if it isn't tested and forced to re-examine itself. So I'm here, though nervous about it.

For me, I was born and raised as a second generation of the Unification Church. While I didn't go to church much, and my family was falling away from it, I did latch onto the belief system. I incorporated it into my world view, which didn't seem to clash with scientific explanations, stories from the bible, or my view of God being evident in nature and in human beings' innate true nature.

I seek Truth, Beauty and Goodness. I love studying philosophy and where it leads me; particularly Plato. I love learning about other faiths, and seeing what seems might be revealed by God, and what's applicable to me leading the highest standard of life. Because I think that is the most admirable goal a person can have: leading a truly honorable and just life, and religion helps shine a light on how that can be achieved.

elmarna

WOW!
You will fit right in here!
it is home all ready!
I would offer you coffee or a cup of tea. the smiles upon you will be all over the place!

A

angellous_evangellous

Welcome.

There are plenty of lovers of philosophy here.

Gemini

Welcome :D. I like your attitude. You remind me a little bit of me before I dropped the ball. Big fan of Plato.