• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Norse mythology questions

Shane Barthle

I am playing a game with some friends and Fenrir is a character in it. I had a couple questions about him I was hoping could get answered. Is he a magical wolf (since he is the son of Loki)? Does he need to eat to stay alive?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I am playing a game with some friends and Fenrir is a character in it. I had a couple questions about him I was hoping could get answered. Is he a magical wolf (since he is the son of Loki)? Does he need to eat to stay alive?
This is a fairly comprehensive reading of the character of Fenrir.
Fenrir - Wikipedia
I have copies of both Snorri Sturluson's Poetic Edda and The Eldar Edda and will vouch for the Wiki article.

Rather than a strictly magical wolf, Ferir is more a godly wolf, the father of wolves and given his penchant for attacking and killing it can be assumed the character enjoyed eating a happy kill.

Tyr_and_Fenrir-John_Bauer.jpg

Looks a bit like my friend's Rotty. :)