• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NPR essay

Davidium

Cisco,

Thank you for that story. I love the "this I believe" series on npr... I didnt catch that one. Perhaps I can volunteer with his interfaith youth ministry when I am in Chicago.

Yours in Faith,

David

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
I heard that too on the way to the gym! I loved it as well and vowed to listen to it again when I got home. Thank you!

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
"I realize now that to believe in pluralism means I need the courage to act on it. Action is what separates a belief from an opinion."

I love that statement. It makes me wonder if I'm doing enough action to back up my belief in pluralism. I believe we are as an organization, but what about me personally? I don't know.... I always feel I could do more.

Ciscokid

"I realize now that to believe in pluralism means I need the courage to act on it. Action is what separates a belief from an opinion."

Yeah this quote hit me like a ton of bricks. We have a finite number of chances to act when our fellow man needs us. Far too often I've sat on the sidelines.
I can think of times when I witnessed someone being harrassed because of their beliefs...I stood and watched. I hope I pass the test the next time around. :eek: