• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Number of Monsignors

kiwimac

Brother Napalm of God's Love
Remember too, its not just the RCC which has monsignors, Some parts of the Old Catholic church has 'em too!

kiwimac

Brother Napalm of God's Love
Let me post:

The Old Catholic Church is a community of Christian churches. Many of these were German-speaking churches of laymen and clergymen who split from the Roman Catholic Church in the 1870s because of the promulgation of the dogma of Papal Infallibility as promoted by the First Vatican Council of 1869–1870. The term "Old Catholic" was first used in 1853 to describe the members of the See of Utrecht, who were not under Papal authority. The Continental European Old Catholic Churches are usually a part of the Union of Utrecht. There are now English speaking Old Catholic Churches in the United Kingdom and North America not "in-communion" with the Union of Utrecht. The Old Catholic Church of Slovakia is an example of a Continental European Old Catholic Church that removed itself from the Union of Utrecht.

Source

Scott1

Ah... I get it... but we're in the Catholic Forum here.... no need to bring up those who don't have valid Holy Orders... thanks though.

Scott1

Gotcha forgive me..... no need to bring up those in schism with the Church.

Thanks,
S