• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One Sign of the Day of Judgement

Judgement Day

Assalamu'alaikum Sisters and Brothers,

One sign of the arrival of the day of judgement is the sun rising in the west. Do you think its explicitly or implicitly meant?

I have my own thoughts but I'd rather hear some ideas first.

Salam

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why would a true prophet be deliberately cryptic? If they really had foreknowledge and truly wished to communicate they'd write something like: "Three thousand years from now a people living on a huge, undiscovered continent 6.000 Km West of Jerusalem will have developed flying explosive weapons of unimaginable destructive power....."

If a prophesy needs interpretation, ie: it's is not clearly and unambiguously worded, then I suspect it's written by a charlatan hedging his bets.

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Judgement Day said:
Assalamu'alaikum Sisters and Brothers,

One sign of the arrival of the day of judgement is the sun rising in the west. Do you think its explicitly or implicitly meant?

I have my own thoughts but I'd rather hear some ideas first.

Salam
Wa 'alaikum salam,

It' s true, one of the signs of the arrival of the day of Judgement is the rising of the sun from the west. It is explicitly meant, the Prophet peace be upon him made clear those things and there is no doubt in that.

Abu Huraira reported that the Prophet
saw23X22.gif
said, "Hasten to do good deeds before six (things happen) :Rising of the sun from the west"

It is narrated on the authority of Abu Zar that the Messenger of Allah
saw23X22.gif
one day said, "Do you know where the Sun goes?" They replied, "Allah and his apostle know best." He (The Prophet
saw23X22.gif
) observed
, "Verily it (the sun) glides till it reaches its resting place under the throne. Then it falls prostrate and remains there until it is told, 'Rise up and go to the place whence you came' and it goes back."
Then it continues emerging out from its rising place and then glides till it reaches its place of rest under the throne where it falls prostrate and remains in that state until it is told, 'Rise up and return to the place whence you came.' And it returns and emerges out of it's rising place and then it glides (in such a normal way) that the people do not discern anything (unusual in it) till it reaches its resting place under the throne. Then it would be said to it, 'Rise up and emerge from the place of your setting,' and it will rise from the place of its setting." The Messenger of Allah
saw23X22.gif
said "Do you know when it will happen? It will happen at the time when faith will not benefit anyone who has not previously believed or has derived no good from the fai
th." (Muslim)

Peace

Judgement Day

Peace said:
Wa 'alaikum salam,

It' s true, one of the signs of the arrival of the day of Judgement is the rising of the sun from the west. It is explicitly meant, the Prophet peace be upon him made clear those things and there is no doubt in that.

Abu Huraira reported that the Prophet
saw23X22.gif
said, "Hasten to do good deeds before six (things happen) :Rising of the sun from the west"

It is narrated on the authority of Abu Zar that the Messenger of Allah
saw23X22.gif
one day said, "Do you know where the Sun goes?" They replied, "Allah and his apostle know best." He (The Prophet
saw23X22.gif
) observed
, "Verily it (the sun) glides till it reaches its resting place under the throne. Then it falls prostrate and remains there until it is told, 'Rise up and go to the place whence you came' and it goes back."
Then it continues emerging out from its rising place and then glides till it reaches its place of rest under the throne where it falls prostrate and remains in that state until it is told, 'Rise up and return to the place whence you came.' And it returns and emerges out of it's rising place and then it glides (in such a normal way) that the people do not discern anything (unusual in it) till it reaches its resting place under the throne. Then it would be said to it, 'Rise up and emerge from the place of your setting,' and it will rise from the place of its setting." The Messenger of Allah
saw23X22.gif
said "Do you know when it will happen? It will happen at the time when faith will not benefit anyone who has not previously believed or has derived no good from the fai
th." (Muslim)

Peace
Yes, it was meant explicitly. The sun will rise from the west literally. Nevermind my thoughts, it was completely just an idea, and without any base. Here is a good article about the day of judgement:

http://dev.islamicity.com/Science/dayjudge.shtml

Salam