• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Online Misogynists

ignition

Seems you are mainly or exclusively thinking of differences in etiquette.
Well the user clearly said that men and women should be "treated equally", that's never going to happen. Equality is not possible because they're not the same.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Hardly anyone treats women equally to women. It's all good in theory, but in practice it hardly ever happens. And why should it? Men and women are not the same thing. That's not to say either of them is inferior to the other. But they are not the same thing.
We shouldn't women be treated equally? And yes, men and women are more the same than different. We are both modern homo sapiens, have what is really a nearly identicle biology (even if certain structures appear to be different, they are made of the same things) to the point the being female is the default sex, and even psychologically men and women mostly overlap with only a very small amount of typical differences.

ignition

We shouldn't women be treated equally? And yes, men and women are more the same than different. We are both modern homo sapiens, have what is really a nearly identicle biology (even if certain structures appear to be different, they are made of the same things) to the point the being female is the default sex, and even psychologically men and women mostly overlap with only a very small amount of typical differences.
They are not the same thing ok? That's why people don't treat women like they treat men.

Kerr

Misogyny is truly a despicable word. Makes no utter sense. If a person believes a woman should be at home cooking and obeying her husband this somehow implies the hatred of females.
I adhere to this viewpoint simply because of my lack of romance and sexuality. What else would I do with a woman? :shrug: beats me but as far as I am concerned I only have this singular usage.
Talk, laugh, play games, do stuff... you know, not everything a man and woman does has to be sexual or romantic :p. Sometimes they can just be friends.

Very few misogynist are what the word implies. Most are just "gender conservative". I love women, I love them so much I do not think a woman in a committed relationship should even leave the house. As Surat Rahman states, the good wife shall be in her tent to await her rabb :yes:.

I think I should shut up before I feminist attack me :D
Hey... how am I supposed to stalk women if they are not allowed to go out?!?!

(Kidding... or am I... :p)

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Misogyny is truly a despicable word. Makes no utter sense. If a person believes a woman should be at home cooking and obeying her husband this somehow implies the hatred of females.

I agree with Shadow Wolf it may not be "hatred" .But its someone else DECIDING what they think I SHOULD be doing with my life JUST because I have a vagina.

And "obeying" the husband part??Their is NO way to get around that being from the mindset that HUSBANDS(men) have "superior " status to wives.(women).

So it may not be a 'hatred" of females but it sure is an attitude than men are automatically in "charge"(superiors) over females and that those same females "belong' in a role that has them answering to him as though hes her "authority" .And in the role of 'serving" a man.And based SOLEY on her gender.

Which he is NOT(her authority)..so insisting on that or "believing" that is at the very least sexism.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Seems you are mainly or exclusively thinking of differences in etiquette.

O.K I'm a WO! MAN ! ////and I give up my seat to anyone who seems to maybe need it more than me...

I don't know if that is "etiquette" I just call it nice.

Wherenextcolumbus

They are not the same thing ok? That's why people don't treat women like they treat men.
So because YOU say men and women are not the same and therefore should be treated differently (despite the fact that we haven't found any significant differences) that makes it true? Well done, you're smashing it!

ignition

So because YOU say men and women are not the same and therefore should be treated differently (despite the fact that we haven't found any significant differences) that makes it true? Well done, you're smashing it!
You need to calm down and read properly next time. And also, your sig? You might want to look up "irony" in the dictionary if you have one.

ignition

My sig is only about men and women being SOCIALLY different, not naturally different.
So now all of a sudden you agree that men and women are not the same thing? That was a waste of time wasn't it? Might want to read better next time.

Shadow Wolf

So now all of a sudden you agree that men and women are not the same thing? That was a waste of time wasn't it? Might want to read better next time.
Behaviorally, nearly all behaviors are socially learned. Men don't act like men because they have a penis, and women don't act like women because they have vaginas. It's because society defines how to act like a man or woman.

Wherenextcolumbus

They aren't the same thing because of social constructs around gender, not because naturally they aren't the same. What I am saying it that gender is a myth.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

Interesting spin that you've put on what she was saying.

Shadow Wolf

They aren't the same thing because of social constructs around gender, not because naturally they aren't the same. What I am saying it that gender is a myth.
It's not a myth, but something that society defines and something we are biologically programed to identify as.

ignition

Behaviorally, nearly all behaviors are socially learned. Men don't act like men because they have a penis, and women don't act like women because they have vaginas. It's because society defines how to act like a man or woman.
All you've been doing in this thread is beating around the bush and throwing in red herrings such as "men and women have more in common than they are different" and now you're attempting to explain why they are different rather than flat out admitting that they are different. What you need to do is stop the fallacies and admit that they are different as you have alluded to in the past and that treating them totally equally doesn't happen and is unlikely to ever happen ok?

ignition

So once again, you agree that they are not the same thing but somehow wording it in such a manner seems to be problematic for you, do you want me to walk you through it?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
All you've been doing in this thread is beating around the bush and throwing in red herrings such as "men and women have more in common than they are different" and now you're attempting to explain why they are different rather than flat out admitting that they are different. What you need to do is stop the fallacies and admit that they are different as you have alluded to in the past and that treating them totally equally doesn't happen and is unlikely to ever happen ok?

I think you need to stop putting words in people's mouths.

ignition

I think you need to stop putting words in people's mouths.
Pretty ironic, since that's what people seem to be good at doing here. I'm making sure people are on point and not diverting the discussion away. What are you doing Sunstone? Apart from giving vague one-liner replies that are somehow meant to inform?