• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Online Misogynists

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Pretty ironic, since that's what people seem to be good at doing here. I'm making sure people are on point and not diverting the discussion away. What are you doing Sunstone? Apart from giving vague one-liner replies that are somehow meant to inform?

It's despicable that you are pretending to moderate this conversation by telling people what they mean to be saying.

ignition

Do you believe men and women are born mentality different because of their sex?
You mean mentally different? What does that have to do with the fact that men and women are not the same thing? You had a problem with that statement first time around did you not? That's until you came to see some sense presumably, even if only to patch up some contradictory opinions.

Wherenextcolumbus

You mean mentally different? What does that have to do with the fact that men and women are not the same thing? You had a problem with that statement first time around did you not? That's until you came to see some sense presumably, even if only to patch up some contradictory opinions.
I'm asking what do you mean by men and women are not the same? The question has everything to do with it.

ignition

It's despicable that you are pretending to moderate this conversation by telling people what they mean to be saying.
Again, a vague and inaccurate sentence that's passed off as informative criticism. Have you got anything else to do?

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..

I don't really get what you mean by not the same "thing" ?

ignition

I'm asking what do you mean by men and women are not the same? The question has everything to do with it.
I'm not sure which language you want me to translate it in. The phrase "not the same" is widely understood by English speakers to mean things that are "different". The Oxford dictionary defines "different" as thus:

adjective
1 not the same as another or each other; unlike in nature, form, or quality:
you can play this game in different ways
the car’s different from anything else on the market
informal novel and unusual:
try something deliciously different
2 distinct; separate:
on two different occasions

different: definition of different in Oxford dictionary (British & World English)

Wherenextcolumbus

I'm not sure which language you want me to translate it in. The phrase "not the same" is widely understood by English speakers to mean things that are "different". The Oxford dictionary defines "different" as thus:

adjective
1 not the same as another or each other; unlike in nature, form, or quality:
you can play this game in different ways
the car’s different from anything else on the market
informal novel and unusual:
try something deliciously different
2 distinct; separate:
on two different occasions
different: definition of different in Oxford dictionary (British & World English)
:facepalm:

ignition

I'm guessing you understand now eh? Haha I don't usually respond to stupid questions but your post is an exception.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
The phrase "not the same" is widely understood by English speakers to mean things that are "different".

Oh...O.K well then you're not the same "thing' as Sunstone and you are both males.

And whats your point after that?

Wherenextcolumbus

I'm guessing you understand now eh? Haha I don't usually respond to stupid questions but your post is an exception.

Let me break it down for you...Do you think men and women are born mentally different or do you think they are taught to think and act differently?
Take your time...

ignition

Let me break it down for you...Do you think men and women are born mentally different or do you think they are taught to think and act differently?
Take your time...
Eh... this is the initial and also more relevant question; do you agree that men and women are not the same thing? First you said no, then you implied yes (including your sig), and now you're trying to flee from the question altogether. Quite bemusing don't you think?

Wherenextcolumbus

Eh... this is the initial and also more relevant question; do you agree that men and women are not the same thing? First you said no, then you implied yes (including your sig), and now you're trying to flee from the question altogether. Quite bemusing don't you think?
I'm not fleeing from any questions. I explained how I think men and women are different and in what context they are different, which is a socially constructed context.
I'm asking you to do the same, cheers! If you don't get it, that is fine, have a nice day.

Alceste

Vagabond
Well for starters if the tube is full and there's a middle aged woman standing there, I get off so that she can sit down, I don't do it for men. If a guy does something I don't really like, I swear at them. I don't swear at women. If some idiot pushes me from behind when we're standing in a queue, I push back if it's a man, but not if it's a woman. I'm much more likely to hold doors open for girls, in fact, I only do it for girls, that's if I do it at all. I speak to women differently than I speak to men 99% of the time like all guys. The idea that you treat the two genders the same just doesn't happen, it never happens. Not in the workplace, not at home, and not in public.

Sounds like you should be more respectful and courteous to other men. ;)

Alceste

Vagabond

Men and women are the same thing, unless you're fanatically obsessed with your genitals and everybody else's. We are taught to behave differently, but we don't have to accept that training. We can recover from it fairly easily once we admit that it's stupid and destructive.

ignition

Sounds like you should be more respectful and courteous to other men. ;)
Haha maybe so. I think it just comes naturally to treat other guys a little harsher or at least same harshness whereas women more often receive a softer approach. It works the other way around as well. I've had many jobs and women managers always treat me far far better than men managers, and I'm also more respectful to women managers as well.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Here is what was a funny one..this man said that ..(I KNOW he meant well but..) he said men have intuition just like women..(ya know the saying "female" intuition?) he said it came from the "feminine side" of the male brain and should be embraced. :facepalm:

Wherenextcolumbus

Here is what was a funny one..this man said that ..(I KNOW he meant well but..) he said men have intuition just like women..(ya know the saying "female" intuition?) he said it came from the "feminine side" of the male brain and should be embraced. :facepalm:
hahaha because there is a feminine side of the brain!?

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Haha maybe so. I think it just comes naturally to treat other guys a little harsher or at least same harshness whereas women more often receive a softer approach.

That's not natural that's training.You don't want to appear to be a "***" right?